• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introduction

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi - I am newly owned by a 3ish month old beardie- the pet store thinks he is a boy.
He needs a name.
So far I have just been calling him littlest dude because I have two Yorkies and my littlest Yorkie is no longer the smallest creature in the house
I spent some times reading posts on this site before I set up his tank.
So far he seems happy and content. He certainly eats a lot!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi - I am newly owned by a 3ish month old beardie- the pet store thinks he is a boy.
He needs a name.
So far I have just been calling him littlest dude because I have two Yorkies and my littlest Yorkie is no longer the smallest creature in the house
Post a pic of your setup and ur little guy :) , and how long id he from tail tip to head? How many grams does he weigh? If hes under 10inches and 100 grams you might not be able to tell his sex , i think a well distinguished gentlemen name with a title would be funny , sir something, dr. whositwhatsit, or chairmen something , would be cute

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He needs a name.
Hi and welcome to the forum! Glad to hear littlest dude is doing great. :)
Yeah, they do eat a lot when babies. lol I think Dex still eats more than my cat, dog, and teenage son right now. Well, maybe it's a toss up between Dex and my son on who can consume more. hahaha

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
E0C906B0-6E4E-4DD5-AF21-A3C8CD37791F.jpeg
9598BFC8-6638-4028-84BA-E6B086215AA8.jpeg
A couple of pics of my little guy

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been surprised at how much he eats for such a little guy.
In the next week or two, I am planning on setting up a bio active tank for him. I have a kit coming from from bio dude.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hes very cute,
I have been surprised at how much he eats for such a little guy.
In the next week or two, I am planning on setting up a bio active tank for him. I have a kit coming from from bio dude.
nice! He’ll really thrive in a bio active setup, i just put one year old girl in a bio and she loves it, , dont put any plants you think look nice in the tank he’ll thrash them up lol! May i ask you a couple questions about your tank? Is that the 18x18x20 zilla? Cause that is suitable for him now, in about 3 to 4 months he’ll need a much larger tank, and your lighting? It appears you only have a uvb? Does he have a basking bulb? And what kind? And my last state concern is the wood you have him climbing on its very high off the ground, bearded dragons are semiarboral meaning they climb but not into tree tops , their bodies arnt made for a fall, it being there while hes a baby is fine just put a mouse pad or something under it incase he loses his grip, hes a cute lil lizard and id love to see ur bio setup when ur done.

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your interest in my little guy.
The tank he is in now is a Zilla 18x30.
His basking light is an exo terra 150w. Keeps his basking area at about 105. He has a ceramic heat emitter so his tank stays warm and dark at night. He also has a 22” strip uvb t5 light that provides light to both his basking area and his cool side.
I was actually thinking about cutting his wood into a couple of pieces. It’s pretty big and that is the only way it will fit in the tank right now.
I have a larger tank for his bio active tank and I will definitely post a pic when I get it set up.
Would you mind posting a picture of yours?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your interest in my little guy.
The tank he is in now is a Zilla 18x30.
His basking light is an exo terra 150w. Keeps his basking area at about 105. He has a ceramic heat emitter so his tank stays warm and dark at night. He also has a 22” strip uvb t5 light that provides light to both his basking area and his cool side.
I was actually thinking about cutting his wood into a couple of pieces. It’s pretty big and that is the only way it will fit in the tank right now.
I have a larger tank for his bio active tank and I will definitely post a pic when I get it set up.
Would you mind posting a picture of yours?
You sound like you know what your doin, and the bio dude is a nice place to get your supplies, now my setup is unconventional but it is working well for me, its by no means her final tank, ive gone through 4 major remodels first i had a paper towl setup and all the decor u can think of , then i went to tile and a few rocks and handmade wooden hides and basking spots ,after that i went to a play sand and exavator clay, now my current setup is a dry bioactive with 6 different dry cleaner crew bugs, my substrate is hydro balls on the bottom cause i do have to introduce some water every other month for the bugs to live , i have a layer of felt between them and a mixture of cocofiber spagnum moss sand clay and some small smooth stones “repti bark” is the very top layer i use it as a kitty litter for easy clean up, i do not recommend it if your bearded dragon eats things and if u dont bowl feed, in my personal experience ive never seen my dragon eat her substrate so its a case by case situation, as u can see i kept the excavator clay she really likes it, i have a rock/sand matt on the wall she climbs to let me know she wants out(helps grind their nails down), i have a green moss carpet for the background and a cork bark wall on the other side, it isnt her only place, she gets free roam of the house and since we live in Florida we have an outside lanai area she can get natural sun.

Attachments

• 01C257DA-BBE7-46C8-ADF0-E54DDD441CBC.jpeg
    01C257DA-BBE7-46C8-ADF0-E54DDD441CBC.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • 8BFC84D3-9812-4228-8F94-3420E8ECE988.jpeg
    8BFC84D3-9812-4228-8F94-3420E8ECE988.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • E5061C82-B60E-4C2B-8CA7-92A431895B3E.jpeg
    E5061C82-B60E-4C2B-8CA7-92A431895B3E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
You sound like you know what your doin, and the bio dude is a nice place to get your supplies, now my setup is unconventional but it is working well for me, its by no means her final tank, ive gone through 4 major remodels first i had a paper towl setup and all the decor u can think of , then i went to tile and a few rocks and handmade wooden hides and basking spots ,after that i went to a play sand and exavator clay, now my current setup is a dry bioactive with 6 different dry cleaner crew bugs, my substrate is hydro balls on the bottom cause i do have to introduce some water every other month for the bugs to live , i have a layer of felt between them and a mixture of cocofiber spagnum moss sand clay and some small smooth stones “repti bark” is the very top layer i use it as a kitty litter for easy clean up, i do not recommend it if your bearded dragon eats things and if u dont bowl feed, in my personal experience ive never seen my dragon eat her substrate so its a case by case situation, as u can see i kept the excavator clay she really likes it, i have a rock/sand matt on the wall she climbs to let me know she wants out(helps grind their nails down), i have a green moss carpet for the background and a cork bark wall on the other side, it isnt her only place, she gets free roam of the house and since we live in Florida we have an outside lanai area she can get natural sun.
Thanks for the pics and info- I can see how much fussing it takes to get the set up right.
I have a little ceramic dish for his bugs in his tank. The dubias and wax worms can’t get out, so he can eat a bunch bask for a minute or two and then go eat the last couple bugs in his dish. I have bsfl on its way next week. Sounds like they will be more nutritious than wax worms.
In this tank, I am using paper towels- but that was just a temporary solution until I can get his bio active tank set up.
I do think I need to get him a better hide. He never uses the one in his tank. Instead he burrows under his paper towels at night.
FE67422E-54A9-41FB-B7E5-36462982B940.jpeg

Just a tail sticking out

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Gget him a lil blankie and rub it all over your clean body so your sent gets on it then put it in his tank, hell be burrowing in that, i put my beardy to bed every night in a towel , they really do like soft things its weird, and yea my beardy has never really used a hide :/ i think if they feel safe enough they dont need one, but its nice to give them the option to hide.

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Your baby beardie is so cute! Try not to get your heart set on a gender yet as you may have a surprise in a few months! My son called ours ‘Sir Broly Lord Chimken’ (Broly for short) and I’m now pretty sure he is a she. So I don’t know if it now becomes Dame Broly Lady Chimken or something :D

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum! You're beardie looks spoiled I bet he loves that enclosure!
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I am likely to spoil him. He has only been with me for a week. I am looking forward to setting up his bio active tank in a well or two

DragonNewbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your baby beardie is so cute! Try not to get your heart set on a gender yet as you may have a surprise in a few months! My son called ours ‘Sir Broly Lord Chimken’ (Broly for short) and I’m now pretty sure he is a she. So I don’t know if it now becomes Dame Broly Lady Chimken or something :D
In the week or so I have had him, I have gotten pretty attached- It doesn’t really matter to me whether he is a he or she.
When I was little we had a cat named Cesar. When she got pregnant her name became Cesarina