• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introduction/some questions

mirandaw97

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I've been wanting to join this forum for a few months but never fully went through with it. My name is Miranda and I have a male bearded dragon named Tito. I purchased Tito in January of this year and every so often I worry about him (most likely because he's my first bearded dragon and I overanalyze every little thing with him) I haven't taken him to the vet yet and I was wondering if I should even if there's nothing wrong with him - not sure which vets take bearded dragons, plus not sure how much $$ it'd be esp if it was just for a curious check up. Also, he sleeps A LOT...not sure if that's a sign of sickness or anything. He loves his collard greens and super worms which I feed him regularly. I work during the day and sometimes I come home and he's in his little tunnel sleeping, and some days if I don't wake him up he'd sleep through the night. I don't keep water in his enclosure but I always make sure to spray him down every day. Theres days where he's very active and there's days hell just wanna sleep. Also he's a very picky eater. I try giving him red peppers in his food and he won't eat them. He ate Dubia roaches the first time I bought them but every other time he won't even look at him. Also bought the Repashy Grub Pie and he wouldn't eat it. Any way of changing his eating habits?

ToriH

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would reccomend giving him a bowl of salad and try out different fruits and veggies (as long as they're safe) and see which ones he likes. Your beardie may be a little lethargic. I would reccomend letting him swim in the bath (plastic tote), and make sure you are playing with him a little bit at least once a day to get him active. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

KatKuMo

Hatchling Dragon
I've read so many stories of people getting frustrated with their beardie not wanting to eat certain things, or seeming to go on a hunger strike waiting for their favorites. And their favorites do change. Greens and vegetables are fairly cheap, thankfully, but I sympathize with the frustrations. They will have a favorite for a while, and then it will change to something else. My worry has been trying to feed a variety, but some people solve that by gut loading the bugs with the foods they want them to eat, but you run the risk of having an overweight beardie. I wish you luck, hopefully it isn't parasites or something, but you'd likely notice an issue in the poo.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi everyone! I've been wanting to join this forum for a few months but never fully went through with it. My name is Miranda and I have a male bearded dragon named Tito. I purchased Tito in January of this year and every so often I worry about him (most likely because he's my first bearded dragon and I overanalyze every little thing with him) I haven't taken him to the vet yet and I was wondering if I should even if there's nothing wrong with him - not sure which vets take bearded dragons, plus not sure how much $$ it'd be esp if it was just for a curious check up. Also, he sleeps A LOT...not sure if that's a sign of sickness or anything. He loves his collard greens and super worms which I feed him regularly. I work during the day and sometimes I come home and he's in his little tunnel sleeping, and some days if I don't wake him up he'd sleep through the night. I don't keep water in his enclosure but I always make sure to spray him down every day. Theres days where he's very active and there's days hell just wanna sleep. Also he's a very picky eater. I try giving him red peppers in his food and he won't eat them. He ate Dubia roaches the first time I bought them but every other time he won't even look at him. Also bought the Repashy Grub Pie and he wouldn't eat it. Any way of changing his eating habits?
Hello, sometimes dragons can become very picky if they don't have the right lighting. What UVB are you using? Also superworms should only be fed to adult bearded dragons, so if your bearded dragon is a baby I would suggest feeding dubia roaches or crickets.

mirandaw97

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I have a 100 watt essential basking spot bulb from thrive that I use, and a thrive 26-watt desert UVB bulb. I purchased a 75 gallon tank yesterday and was wondering what the best lighting would be for the tank as well.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi! I have a 100 watt essential basking spot bulb from thrive that I use, and a thrive 26-watt desert UVB bulb. I purchased a 75 gallon tank yesterday and was wondering what the best lighting would be for the tank as well.
Your basking bulb is good. I would suggest a T5 reptisun tube light.

mirandaw97

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was planning on purchasing one for the 75 gal tank. Should I stick to the 100 watt basking bulb or move up to 150 watt for the 75 gal?