• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone!

I am very new to this forum and I am excited to join this wonderful group of reptile enthusiasts and Bearded Dragon lovers. I would like to introduce everyone to my scaly son, Ember also known as Charm-André or Charmy. He is little over 4 months old, and is about 14in-15in in length (I haven't officially measured him or weighed him yet, this is just going off of what the Breeder said). I acquired him from a Breeder called 'Dragons Den Herps' from San Diego, CA. I got him on 09/04/2019. I have taken him to the vet for a routine checkup around 09/17/2019 and the doctor said he is healthy. This is not my first bearded dragon, I used to have one when I was in middle school I named Bobo, and let me tell y'all there personalities are quite different. I have a feeling the breeder did not spend too much time handling him when he was a hatch-ling. He gets a little scared whenever I walk by his tank, he ducks his head and crouches but he does not run away from me and he actually lets me pet him. He will let me pick him up and hold him; however, he will try and run away from me after sometime (If I am sitting on the couch for example). I have a busy work and school schedule but I try to interact with him as much as I can. I always approach slow, I don't grab him from above, I also take him outside in my backyard where he sits on my lap and he gets to soak up the suns rays (I try to do this at least 3-4 times a week for 20min). Sometimes he will turn his beard black at me when he sees me (I am not sure if he is being territorial or not). He has never tried to attack, hiss, or bite me. The only time he flared his beard out at me was when I put him in his carrier and took him to the vet. He does let me hand feed him his bugs and some of his greens (That's another predicament altogether he does not like his greens). I want to get him to the point where I will just chill on my shoulder and not want to jump off and run. Sorry for the large message:

* I use a temp gun for temp readings
*I attached a picture of him
* ALso the picture of his setup was before I put the thermostat in
D24754BB-1B65-44E5-BEA3-87941BCA17C0 2.JPG
Ember Sathishkumaar.JPG
Ember Sathishkumaar.JPG
Ember Sathishkumaar.JPG
Ember Sathishkumaar.JPG

Details about his setup:
- 36''L x 16"W x 18''H
- Shelf-liner as substrate
- He has a warm hide and a cool hide
- He has a tree branch (fake) in the middle of tank
- Hammock on cool side of tank
- Warm side temp: 99 - 110F (the middle part of the warm hide, which is a green rock w/steps on it is around 102 - 105F)
- I also made a bed for him using my old T-shirt so he has my scent in the tank and it is located in the warm hide.
- He has a food bowl
- Cool side Temp: 75 - 85F
- Humidity: 30-40%
Lighting:
- ZooMed Reptisun T8 linear UVB 10.0 bulb
- Home Depot Par30s 75watt dimmable bulb Flood - heat bulb
- 50 watt ceramic heater at night (warm side eat night is in the 85F - 90F range)
*I also do have a Hagen Exoterra dimmable thermostat as well
Ember Sathishkumaar.JPG

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome. Nice setup and good handling! I would like to suggest a leash or harness for outdoor adventures, just for safety's sake, and to mention you may not need the extra heat on at night, or at least not so warm. They do need a chance to cool down a bit, just no lower than 65-ish* . You may find the T8 needs to be closer to surfaces, or mounted inside instead of on top of the screen, too. Your beardie is gorgeous, though, and I you're doing great with building trust. :0)

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
How do I mount the T8 inside the tank? I just have a standard top opening glass tank.

Jacob melanistic

Juvenile Dragon
beautiful beardie! try giving him a bath! also, do you know what gender he/she is? I would suggest stroking him on the back for 5 min

Rodney Kirtsinger

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone!

I am very new to this forum and I am excited to join this wonderful group of reptile enthusiasts and Bearded Dragon lovers. I would like to introduce everyone to my scaly son, Ember also known as Charm-André or Charmy. He is little over 4 months old, and is about 14in-15in in length (I haven't officially measured him or weighed him yet, this is just going off of what the Breeder said). I acquired him from a Breeder called 'Dragons Den Herps' from San Diego, CA. I got him on 09/04/2019. I have taken him to the vet for a routine checkup around 09/17/2019 and the doctor said he is healthy. This is not my first bearded dragon, I used to have one when I was in middle school I named Bobo, and let me tell y'all there personalities are quite different. I have a feeling the breeder did not spend too much time handling him when he was a hatch-ling. He gets a little scared whenever I walk by his tank, he ducks his head and crouches but he does not run away from me and he actually lets me pet him. He will let me pick him up and hold him; however, he will try and run away from me after sometime (If I am sitting on the couch for example). I have a busy work and school schedule but I try to interact with him as much as I can. I always approach slow, I don't grab him from above, I also take him outside in my backyard where he sits on my lap and he gets to soak up the suns rays (I try to do this at least 3-4 times a week for 20min). Sometimes he will turn his beard black at me when he sees me (I am not sure if he is being territorial or not). He has never tried to attack, hiss, or bite me. The only time he flared his beard out at me was when I put him in his carrier and took him to the vet. He does let me hand feed him his bugs and some of his greens (That's another predicament altogether he does not like his greens). I want to get him to the point where I will just chill on my shoulder and not want to jump off and run. Sorry for the large message:

* I use a temp gun for temp readings
*I attached a picture of him
* ALso the picture of his setup was before I put the thermostat inView attachment 20866 View attachment 20865 View attachment 20865 View attachment 20866 View attachment 20865 View attachment 20866 View attachment 20865 View attachment 20866
Details about his setup:
- 36''L x 16"W x 18''H
- Shelf-liner as substrate
- He has a warm hide and a cool hide
- He has a tree branch (fake) in the middle of tank
- Hammock on cool side of tank
- Warm side temp: 99 - 110F (the middle part of the warm hide, which is a green rock w/steps on it is around 102 - 105F)
- I also made a bed for him using my old T-shirt so he has my scent in the tank and it is located in the warm hide.
- He has a food bowl
- Cool side Temp: 75 - 85F
- Humidity: 30-40%
Lighting:
- ZooMed Reptisun T8 linear UVB 10.0 bulb
- Home Depot Par30s 75watt dimmable bulb Flood - heat bulb
- 50 watt ceramic heater at night (warm side eat night is in the 85F - 90F range)
*I also do have a Hagen Exoterra dimmable thermostat as wellView attachment 20865
Very nice looking dragon!