• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing a new female to my male for the first time any suggestions

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not entirely sure on how you're supposed to introduce new reptiles, but I would do it in a neutral environment (a place where neither of their scents are there) like the bath tub or sink. And probably want to hold each beardie until they don't want to attack each other. Lol

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I think as long as ur there and neither beardie seems to stressed out bout the situation then u shud b fine. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree a neutral environment and don't force them to do anything with each other. I would just let their friendship (or lack of) come naturally. You can tell by their eyes and body movement how well the meeting is going to go.

Portmanmike

Juvenile Dragon
Just got her home they seem to love each other no aggressive behavior
image.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hehe. Give them aum romantic music... Dim the lights. N give them some ALONE time hehe only messin. Gud 2 c they lile each other.

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
I would be very careful housing males and females together the male will breed her to death and one of them will become the dominant of the tank and bully the other.if your going to keep 2 in a tank females to female is alot safer