• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was on a few weeks ago about my bearded dragon named Jerry. He hadn’t pooped in a week and a half and was bloated. Checked his temps, altered his diet, give him baths every day. I took him to the vet. They gave him a bath and he didn’t poop. They said to give him a drop of mineral oil and that hasn’t helped. They said to take him outside for a period of time each day and that hasn’t helped him yet. It has been a week and a half since he saw the vet. He isn’t eating really. If I offer to give him baby food he will take very little. Should I still be feeding him crickets? Small ones? I haven’t been, I didn’t want to make him more miserable with food he can’t digest. I’m not sure what to do for him. He acts like he has plenty of energy although he just sits a lot and looks around, when I put him outside he doesn’t get active. He just takes in the scenery and sounds. What should I do? He is about 5 months old. He has never had problems pooping. Oh and the vet did give him dewormer but he didn’t poop so ‍♀️ He’s getting very stressed with me trying to get him active and with baths and force feeding. He isn’t lethargic at all but honestly he looks miserable. His stomach is bloated and hard on the right side. I was feeding him the wrong things maybe, I fed him spinach and apparently that is a no no. I have fed him applesauce and peaches and squash too make him go poop but nothing is working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
031C5BE3-9BD3-4B64-BCA5-8C52721F3732.jpeg
114BD0E6-E57B-43F0-997E-F02D956CFFA8.jpeg
64BCBA2C-3579-4C22-9B5E-2BA9F81FA611.jpeg
3ED8502B-0756-45FE-87D8-09D25311E27A.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was on a few weeks ago about my bearded dragon named Jerry. He hadn’t pooped in a week and a half and was bloated. Checked his temps, altered his diet, give him baths every day. I took him to the vet. They gave him a bath and he didn’t poop. They said to give him a drop of mineral oil and that hasn’t helped. They said to take him outside for a period of time each day and that hasn’t helped him yet. It has been a week and a half since he saw the vet. He isn’t eating really. If I offer to give him baby food he will take very little. Should I still be feeding him crickets? Small ones? I haven’t been, I didn’t want to make him more miserable with food he can’t digest. I’m not sure what to do for him. He acts like he has plenty of energy although he just sits a lot and looks around, when I put him outside he doesn’t get active. He just takes in the scenery and sounds. What should I do? He is about 5 months old. He has never had problems pooping. Oh and the vet did give him dewormer but he didn’t poop so ‍♀️ He’s getting very stressed with me trying to get him active and with baths and force feeding. He isn’t lethargic at all but honestly he looks miserable. His stomach is bloated and hard on the right side. I was feeding him the wrong things maybe, I fed him spinach and apparently that is a no no. I have fed him applesauce and peaches and squash too make him go poop but nothing is working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. View attachment 28481View attachment 28480View attachment 28482View attachment 28483
What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate-- uvb what are you using a coil or tube? These things I am asking are extremely important- try switching over to canned pumpkin feed till he poops- add a little olive oil to that couple of drops along w/ some honey -

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
The basking is 100 the uva is a coil. He tries to poop every bath. He just isn’t successful. I’m using a probe thermometer

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate-- uvb what are you using a coil or tube? These things I am asking are extremely important- try switching over to canned pumpkin feed till he poops- add a little olive oil to that couple of drops along w/ some honey -
Also he will take very little other food but your some reason he will not take the pumpkin. He refuses and gets very upset when I’m trying to feed, bathe, or exercise him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The basking is 100 the uva is a coil. He tries to poop every bath. He just isn’t successful. I’m using a probe thermometer
Please ditch the coil- they are No good!!! This is the issue- your dragon is not absorbing or synthesizing the calcium he's getting - you need a long tube fixture a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or a Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 22"10.0 T 5 bulb or Arcadia 12% -- look on Amazon but you need to get this ASAP--

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please ditch the coil- they are No good!!! This is the issue- your dragon is not absorbing or synthesizing the calcium he's getting - you need a long tube fixture a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or a Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 22"10.0 T 5 bulb or Arcadia 12% -- look on Amazon but you need to get this ASAP--
I will need this for uva?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will need this for uva?
Your bright white basking bulb is giving uva- please get the tube fixture uvb-- as of now your dragon is not getting uvb it's good you have him outside- 15 minutes outside equals to about 4 hrs but you need to get the uvb--

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have you had these same problems with any yours? I’m have been so concerned about him but they didn’t seem concerned at the vet. But it’s been about 3 weeks now and nothing. He’s our first bearded dragon and they don’t give you very much info at a pet store on how to care for them. Do you have any suggestions to get him more active?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you had these same problems with any yours? I’m have been so concerned about him but they didn’t seem concerned at the vet. But it’s been about 3 weeks now and nothing. He’s our first bearded dragon and they don’t give you very much info at a pet store on how to care for them. Do you have any suggestions to get him more active?
His uvb needs to be replaced w/ what I posted - the basking temps and the UVB are the two most important things in the tank-- no I have not had issues w/ mine- once you get the UVB corrected your going to see a difference in behavior-- some vets are no good- they should of gone over those things I just went over w/ you-- they control the over all health and behavior of your dragon

Jrmcearl

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your bright white basking bulb is giving uva- please get the tube fixture uvb-- as of now your dragon is not getting uvb it's good you have him outside- 15 minutes outside equals to about 4 hrs but you need to get the uvb--
On the reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb, What is the wattage? 24 watt?? Is this what I need??

Attachments

• 132B5536-B41C-481C-B109-0D74FF1408B2.jpeg
    132B5536-B41C-481C-B109-0D74FF1408B2.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 5
  • D5CB9A39-3092-40DC-B5CC-6DE21A01B817.jpeg
    D5CB9A39-3092-40DC-B5CC-6DE21A01B817.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 5