• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Idk what’s wrong

Izyk

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got a bearded dragon from petco decent though I saw a lot of people saying not to his or her cause they didn’t tell me and idk how to tell there gender is named remy and I saw something online about tail rot and I looked more into it cause they said the tail would be limp but mines tail isn’t it’s a tail Remy eats fine normal juvenile eating ways but idk how to tell if I need to take remy to the vet or not to get it checked out if it’s just because they’re going though shed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a bearded dragon from petco decent though I saw a lot of people saying not to his or her cause they didn’t tell me and idk how to tell there gender is named remy and I saw something online about tail rot and I looked more into it cause they said the tail would be limp but mines tail isn’t it’s a tail Remy eats fine normal juvenile eating ways but idk how to tell if I need to take remy to the vet or not to get it checked out if it’s just because they’re going though shed
Please post a pic of the end of tail- I need to see the end of it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Idk if this is any better
I was looking for nips or pinches I don't see any-- as long as there is no injury it's shed-- injuries can cause the tail to die making it look black and dead on the end

Izyk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please post a pic of the end of tail- I need to see the end of it
Okay I did idk if it’s any better
I was looking for nips or pinches I don't see any-- as long as there is no injury it's shed-- injuries can cause the tail to die making it look black and dead on the end
So is it okay that the end of theyre
tail is darker then the rest of them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay I did idk if it’s any better

So is it okay that the end of theyre
tail is darker then the rest of them
Yes shed causes many different colors-- like I posted earlier as long as there's no injuries like pinches or nips from another dragon your good

Izyk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes shed causes many different colors-- like I posted earlier as long as there's no injuries like pinches or nips from another dragon your good
Here’s a better picture I just gave remy a bath and they’re more orange after I bathe them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here’s a better picture I just gave remy a bath and they’re more orange after I bathe them
Ok that pic looks different- it looks like it's dried out - watch that end keep pics of it for reference- if the dark starts to creep up the tail then get him into the vet--- tail rot is infection that is dry brittle and is dead- infection can be warded off w/ raw unpasteurized honey like manuka- you can dip his tail in that and it will kill infection- make sure there is NO crickets in the tank - they will go straight for that tail

Izyk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok that pic looks different- it looks like it's dried out - watch that end keep pics of it for reference- if the dark starts to creep up the tail then get him into the vet--- tail rot is infection that is dry brittle and is dead- infection can be warded off w/ raw unpasteurized honey like manuka- you can dip his tail in that and it will kill infection- make sure there is NO crickets in the tank - they will go straight for that tail
Okay thank you so much for the help I will keep an eye on that I have it written down what ring it starts getting darker thank you so much for the help

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey boo, its understandable why you are worried its basically like having a new born kid and having no clue what to do. Depending how fast your beardie grows, it'll probably be shedding on a bi-weekly to monthly basis, and sadly it can be stressful for them, so don't be worried if you have a moody dragon, its basically their time of the month. Tail riot as you can probably guess is their tail dying. Best way to see if he has it is take the tail in your hand with your thumb on top and start to lightly press your thumb nail into their tail, slowly applying pressure until he twitches or moves away. That means he can obviously feel it and that his tail is not dying. Now if your pressing into his tail so hard you think that you are going to cleaver it off with your thumb nail and he's still chilling... #tailroit. Also don't know his age but he is kinda looking skinny, a healthy baby beardie truly can't get fat because they use all their protein/nutrition to grow so don't be scared to give him as many feeders as he wants at least 3 times a day. My Starbucks once ate 84 crickets in a day, he's quite the gluttonous eater. If your beardie is not eating veggies don't kill yourself over it, mine would literally run away from veggies until he was 7 months old. Hope I was able to help :)