• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I think I have a new puppy! More of Dexter's antics

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So Dex is about a half inch to inch bigger than when I got him. Still tiny, but I can see the difference already. After his one day of not eating much (exasperating baby) he's now quite the piggy. This morning after I turned on his lights and drank my coffee I went to see if he was ready for breakfast. I got his cricket dusted and ready and went to his tank and couldn't find him. He wasn't in any of his usual spots. Alarmed I called to him . . . yeah, I know, he's not a puppy and will come when called, but wait for it . . .

I have a smaller branch at the back of his tank where the high end kinda disappears under the green leaves I have hanging on the side of his tank. When I called Dex came scrambling out from under those leaves at the tip of his stick, jumped onto his log, ran across it to the high point, jumped from there to his basking rock and sat looking at me. I mean sat in a way I've never seen him do. His back legs were spread like they usually are when he sits, but his head was high enough that he was on his front tippy toes. His tail was arched and the end curled up in the air sorta over his back. He looked like a puppy waiting for a treat. Seriously, not kidding! I think if he could have vibrated with excitement he would have . . . If he knew how to wag his tail it would have been going furiously. OMG! Hahahahaha. I got to laughing so hard. 'Course even though Dex didn't move his body his head did tilt to the side when I started laughing. Made me laugh harder. I swear I could hear him thinking, "Yeah, yeah, I'm cute. Now gimme some food! Gimmie, Gimmie." Usually I dump the cricket near him to catch, but I got it in my fingers instead. I no sooner held that cricket near him then he put his front feet on my fingers and lifted himself to snatch that cricket. Geez, I know he's well fed, but you'd think I was starving him. Like I said piggy. He's ate 4 crickets and 2 roaches before he was full. :) Wish I'd had my phone handy to get a picture. It was too freakin' funny.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A few minutes ago I gave Dexter a bit of his baby food squash then let him hang out in the sun for a few minutes before I put him back in his cage. Lil bugger jumped up onto the window lip to look outside at at the big, scary world. Looks like he still has a bit of squash on his mouth. hahahaha :)

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 11