• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need your help!!!

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Since ive realised alot of things lately about the little guys that i didnt know ive finally gotten all the little important bits and pieces. I didnt know that its advised to have them in separate vivs so until we can find/afford another new big enclosure this is what we've done, ive got to separate basking lamps, still the one long uvb tube at the back and ive angled the basking lamps right into opposite corners so they do have a cool area. ive changed the substate from gravel to tiles and have a digital thermometer. YAY... my question is that will this be ok for both my little guys until i can get another 3ft tank? we're also in the process of seeling the top on the tank if needed, the basking temps are pretty good at the moment so i dont know if its needed
P3280402.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks great! I think this is a very good first step. They will be fine for the time being.

What are your cool and basking temps?

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have modified the tank again.
P3310407.jpg

P3310406.jpg

We have the basking temp to 103 and the cool area to 85... is this ok? And i have been giving them both baths everyday

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hats off to you. Things look great for the time being. Eventually, you will need to get larger vivs for both of them.

How is Brain's appetite? Has he started eating more? Has he become more active?

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks heaps, brain is alot more active but i havent seen him eating much more than before, but im guessing it will start to kick off soon, he is chasing a little more now thou

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear it! Yes, he'll recover for a bit, experience minor relocation stress. Then he'll realize no one is harassing him. :)

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i think this looks great too! i think it is great that you took the advice you sought and put it into action! ;D

yoshi09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow i think thats really clever uve done a good job. im really impressed (i might even look into your idea) i have a 4 ft by 2 ft by 2ft thats not being used equippd with heat lamps uvb bulbs,coluld i do the same kinda project? ::) lol

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yosh, you can do any type of project you want, the bottom line is will it meet 3 requirements for your dragon. #1 UVB, #2 Temps, and #3 does it give the right amount of space. You factor those 3 things into any project and you cant go wrong.