• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help quick!!! (blackbeard)

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My lizard drink too much water in the bath this evening. She has been kind of choking and taking very gargled breaths she’s black bearding and I’m scared. I tipped her forward a few times and let out water but she is still having trouble. What else can I do??? Help me please

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She’s started breathing normally again she’s still black bearding but there’s no more gurgling noise each time she takes a breath
Thanks anyway, I guess a false alarm...

The Lizard Lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hope she is doing better! Make sure you do not tip her at all- this will only make the water come right back up into her throat. Dragons can vomit/spit up if need be, but this behavior seems odd to me. How hot was the water you were bathing her in?