• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need advice. (not eating)

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so order some bsfl order medium do not dust them hand feed some to her then add them to the tops of salads in front of her feed as many as you want they are a good compliment to your main staple feeder+ they are called nutri grubs on this site www.dubiaroaches.com also order some roaches they are a better staple than crickets the roaches need to be dusted 5 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding- she should be eating small roaches feed as many as she will eat after you feed her salads and the nutri grubs- I would get a 10 gallon aquarium order 200 roaches along w/ dubia food and dubia dew- feed those roaches at nite so they are good and gut loaded for the morning feed- your dragon should be eating a little salad her main diet is protein I will get a nutrition website posted for you - she will eat approx 10-15 roaches I am guessing depending on how many grubs she eats and you feed- but she should be a eating machine for her age
I ordered a small batch of their dubia roaches and meal worms already. It’s currently on the way.

Attachments

• 824B2EBF-1880-47DD-9E3E-8CE2956FCEFF.jpeg
    824B2EBF-1880-47DD-9E3E-8CE2956FCEFF.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so order some bsfl order medium do not dust them hand feed some to her then add them to the tops of salads in front of her feed as many as you want they are a good compliment to your main staple feeder+ they are called nutri grubs on this site www.dubiaroaches.com also order some roaches they are a better staple than crickets the roaches need to be dusted 5 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated one time per feeding- she should be eating small roaches feed as many as she will eat after you feed her salads and the nutri grubs- I would get a 10 gallon aquarium order 200 roaches along w/ dubia food and dubia dew- feed those roaches at nite so they are good and gut loaded for the morning feed- your dragon should be eating a little salad her main diet is protein I will get a nutrition website posted for you - she will eat approx 10-15 roaches I am guessing depending on how many grubs she eats and you feed- but she should be a eating machine for her age
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Here is another website for feeders
www.symtonbsf.com
www.reptilianarts.com roaches and small super worms and silk worms
you can get some small super worms for her feed 1-3 on top of her salads every couple of days
you will need a ceramic or glass bowl to feed one like this works great you can add the roaches in the bowl to the salad after her eating from that bowl and the bsfl
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
You going to need a digital probe hygrometer for the tank heres a link for one
place the probe on the back center wall of the tank it will read your whole tank
optimal humidity is 40-50 % you dont want anything under 20% and over 70%

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
I will def order other insects! Thank you!
She keeps trying to climb the walls of her tank. When she does that, I check the temperature of the tank. Basking side 97, cooling side 77. I check if there’s any feces because she always runs and avoid the area she pooped in. None. So I take her out of her tank. She would try climbing anything. Once she climbed up my shoulder and tried jumping in mid air. Should I be worried? Is this a sign of stress and discomfort?

Attachments

• 74DBC5B8-6F60-4748-96FF-F3A45DF6C688.jpeg
    74DBC5B8-6F60-4748-96FF-F3A45DF6C688.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 48CF2875-8C04-49AF-B05A-A20256C5E4F3.jpeg
    48CF2875-8C04-49AF-B05A-A20256C5E4F3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • A64235D6-1EF7-4CA6-BDE6-2F1BCF7B17E7.jpeg
    A64235D6-1EF7-4CA6-BDE6-2F1BCF7B17E7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She keeps trying to climb the walls of her tank. When she does that, I check the temperature of the tank. Basking side 97, cooling side 77. I check if there’s any feces because she always runs and avoid the area she pooped in. None. So I take her out of her tank. She would try climbing anything. Once she climbed up my shoulder and tried jumping in mid air. Should I be worried? Is this a sign of stress and discomfort?
What is the basking surface temp? That would be the hammock ? Are you still using the evergreen mvb? If the hammock is 97 it's not warm enough you want 105-110 - is she trying to climb on the hot side or the cool side or both?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
What is the basking surface temp? That would be the hammock ? Are you still using the evergreen mvb? If the hammock is 97 it's not warm enough you want 105-110 - is she trying to climb on the hot side or the cool side or both?
I’m not using the evergreen mvb. Sometimes the basking side would be 105. I don’t know how to keep it stable. She tries to climb everything. When she’s outside the tank, when she’s on the hot side, the cold side.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m not using the evergreen mvb. Sometimes the basking side would be 105. I don’t know how to keep it stable. She tries to climb everything. When she’s outside the tank, when she’s on the hot side, the cold side.
Ok the jumping is normal they think they are superman and can fly - I would let her get used to the tank and hold her in the tank only for awhile- the climbing I have had others doing the same- I would lower anything in the tank that has a good height so if she falls or jumps she doesn't hurt herself - w/ the correct temps and uvb we know that is not the cause- is she eating now- how is that going?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok the jumping is normal they think they are superman and can fly - I would let her get used to the tank and hold her in the tank only for awhile- the climbing I have had others doing the same- I would lower anything in the tank that has a good height so if she falls or jumps she doesn't hurt herself - w/ the correct temps and uvb we know that is not the cause- is she eating now- how is that going?
She is eating more of the feeders than greens. I have fed her half of one blueberry two days ago and today. She would eat that and crickets

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is eating more of the feeders than greens. I have fed her half of one blueberry two days ago and today. She would eat that and crickets
Insects is her main diet now till s he es a yr then no it will flip - keep feeding the salads did your bsfl come?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Insects is her main diet now till s he es a yr then no it will flip - keep feeding the salads did your bsfl come?
It’s arriving on Friday. She’s currently moving around in her water bowl. It seems like she’s trying to swim and she would fidget around like turn facing towards the doors while doing swimming movements then would flip and face the back of the tank and do swimming movements

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s arriving on Friday. She’s currently moving around in her water bowl. It seems like she’s trying to swim and she would fidget around like turn facing towards the doors while doing swimming movements then would flip and face the back of the tank and do swimming movements
So she's enjoying her water bowl? I remember blaze doing the running around his tank around 2 months+ he would try and climb the walls etc- I just let him be and do it - he was in the same kind of tank the zen + he will eventually calm down I think it's just a dragon thing- as long as those basking temps and uvb is good and he's eating pooping basking he's fine

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
So she's enjoying her water bowl? I remember blaze doing the running around his tank around 2 months+ he would try and climb the walls etc- I just let him be and do it - he was in the same kind of tank the zen + he will eventually calm down I think it's just a dragon thing- as long as those basking temps and uvb is good and he's eating pooping basking he's fine
I’m worried she is in the water bowl for too long. Should I dry her whenever she leaves the bowl or just allow her to bask under the light afterwards

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m worried she is in the water bowl for too long. Should I dry her whenever she leaves the bowl or just allow her to bask under the light afterwards
Just let her dry under her lights and I would remove the bowl at night-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I? Sometimes I would wake up and she would have pooped in her water.
Remove the water bowl you don't want an accident happening plus she should not be moving around at night she should go to sleep-- w/ no lights on she will do that

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My baby beardie still won’t eat ant greens I tried offering a variety
I looked back at the post are you basking temps 105-110 or are they at 97? The T5 is it in the tank and the correct distance I want to see if the husbandry is correct so we can say its not this w/ the not eating --- is she eating the insects the dubias and the BSFL ? Or is she not eating at all?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
I looked back at the post are you basking temps 105-110 or are they at 97? The T5 is it in the tank and the correct distance I want to see if the husbandry is correct so we can say its not this w/ the not eating --- is she eating the insects the dubias and the BSFL ? Or is she not eating at all?
The basking is 105-111. She is only eating the BSFL and crickets. She’s not interested in the worms or dubias

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The basking is 105-111. She is only eating the BSFL and crickets. She’s not interested in the worms or dubias
Picky little thing -- ok are you putting the BSFL on her salad - even if shes eating a little of the salad that is good - she is young and her main diet is the protein - did you get the UVB situated? Is she active pooping and basking? Make sure you crickets are good a gut loaded w/ food and hydrating cubes dew etc so she is getting hydration - dragons get most of the hydration from the salads and if shes eating a little that is good - are her poops formed dark and moist the urate formed moist and white? that is how you tell shes hydrated