• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need advice. (not eating)

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, I recently got my baby bearded dragon on Monday. She’s roughly two months old. Since getting her, she has not eaten anything. Only a few hours ago, she ate two pieces of mustard green. besides that she wont eat anymore. I’m a little worried. I bathe her daily. She poops daily. It’s regular brown stool with a lil bit of white. I don’t see any bugs or greens in her poo. Her previous owner said a few hours prior to me picking her up, she a lot of dubia roaches and was probably full and not used to her new environment. But I’m a bit concerned since she’s glass surfing and her nose is plugged from shedding and she wont eat.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I recently got my baby bearded dragon on Monday. She’s roughly two months old. Since getting her, she has not eaten anything. Only a few hours ago, she ate two pieces of mustard green. besides that she wont eat anymore. I’m a little worried. I bathe her daily. She poops daily. It’s regular brown stool with a lil bit of white. I don’t see any bugs or greens in her poo. Her previous owner said a few hours prior to me picking her up, she a lot of dubia roaches and was probably full and not used to her new environment. But I’m a bit concerned since she’s glass surfing and her nose is plugged from shedding and she wont eat.
They will go thru relocation stress that is common and she is eating a little bit which is good --- please go over your UVB tell me what your using coil or tube brand and bulb please-- basking temps how are you taking them you should be using a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate--- once we have the lighting and temps figured out we can go from there -- but these things I am asking about are EXTREMELY important they are going to help her acclimate to the tank and her surroundings and control her overall health and behavior

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
They will go thru relocation stress that is common and she is eating a little bit which is good --- please go over your UVB tell me what your using coil or tube brand and bulb please-- basking temps how are you taking them you should be using a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate--- once we have the lighting and temps figured out we can go from there -- but these things I am asking about are EXTREMELY important they are going to help her acclimate to the tank and her surroundings and control her overall health and behavior
I have a 4x2x2 enclosure from Zen Habitat. I’m using a dual light fixture from REPTI ZOO. I put two light bulbs in it: 100W UVA UVB mercury bulb and 150W Basking light. I’m using two because the heat emitter alone isn’t warming up my tank. The cooling side used to be around 60F with just one bulb. with two bulbs on, it’s around 90F. I then have a light dome with a heat emitter in it. My thermometer is from Repti Zoo.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 4x2x2 enclosure from Zen Habitat. I’m using a dual light fixture from REPTI ZOO. I put two light bulbs in it: 100W UVA UVB mercury bulb and 150W Basking light. I’m using two because the heat emitter alone isn’t warming up my tank. The cooling side used to be around 60F with just one bulb. with two bulbs on, it’s around 90F. I then have a light dome with a heat emitter in it. My thermometer is from Repti Zoo.

Ok the UVA UVB is not a reputable brand -- if you want to stay w/ the MVB I would invest in a MegaRay -- but you will need to also invest in a another long tube UVB -- most MVB's do not emit the proper amount of UVB rays dragons need - so you can get rid of the Evergreen bulb and replace w/ another basking bulb along side the Exo Terra but you MUST get a digital probe thermometer your getting ambient readings from the one digital hygrometer that you have --- please get two digital probe thermometers place on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so get the temp 105-110 for a baby -- he will not eat w/ out proper temps this is what starts the digestion process --- then please invest in a long tube fixture like a 24 or 30 inch Zoo Med fixture w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- I am using a Zoo Med 24" for my tanks -- I also have two basking areas in my tanks one w/ the UVB middle front of tank and one hot side I will post a pic of one of the tanks - I also have a CHE on top of the tank in the middle and am using one digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank so it reads the whole tank -- if you need links for the UVB and digital probe thermometers I can post them for you - if you need help hanging the UVB fixture I can help w/ that as well

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 14

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok the UVA UVB is not a reputable brand -- if you want to stay w/ the MVB I would invest in a MegaRay -- but you will need to also invest in a another long tube UVB -- most MVB's do not emit the proper amount of UVB rays dragons need - so you can get rid of the Evergreen bulb and replace w/ another basking bulb along side the Exo Terra but you MUST get a digital probe thermometer your getting ambient readings from the one digital hygrometer that you have --- please get two digital probe thermometers place on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so get the temp 105-110 for a baby -- he will not eat w/ out proper temps this is what starts the digestion process --- then please invest in a long tube fixture like a 24 or 30 inch Zoo Med fixture w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- I am using a Zoo Med 24" for my tanks -- I also have two basking areas in my tanks one w/ the UVB middle front of tank and one hot side I will post a pic of one of the tanks - I also have a CHE on top of the tank in the middle and am using one digital probe hygrometer placed on the back center wall of the tank so it reads the whole tank -- if you need links for the UVB and digital probe thermometers I can post them for you - if you need help hanging the UVB fixture I can help w/ that as well
I will definitely get a better thermometer. But I do have a light fixture from ZOO MED however i felt like it didn’t help make the basking side warm enough.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will definitely get a better thermometer. But I do have a light fixture from ZOO MED however i felt like it didn’t help make the basking side warm enough.
Ok light fixture as in basking dome? I am using a Exo Terra 150 watt and a 75 watt as well on the basking side - the basking bulb in the middle is a 75 Exo Terra that keeps temps in the 90's by the UVB -- but you need that probe to get actual temps

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Do you have any recommendations for bulbs for basking? And any recommendations for digital probe thermometer?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have any recommendations for bulbs for basking? And any recommendations for digital probe thermometer?
The Exo Terra Intense basking bulb is good or Zoo Med Repti basking bulb
I prefer the Exo Terra Intense basking bulb

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
The Exo Terra Intense basking bulb is good or Zoo Med Repti basking bulb
I prefer the Exo Terra Intense basking bulb
Should I have two basking bulbs? Because idk how to make the basking side any warmer.

Attachments

• 74187388-F61D-458D-BE4B-A8766A0207F8.jpeg
    74187388-F61D-458D-BE4B-A8766A0207F8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I have two basking bulbs? Because idk how to make the basking side any warmer.
Before you do anything get a digital probe thermometer -- I posted a link so you can either order it or get it at Petsmart or Petco --- your not getting a actual basking temp w/ out it -- especially on a hammock - you want a actual basking temp you do not want to burn your dragon up -- once you get a actual basking surface temp of where he sits then you need to decide on how to fix it -- at this point you dont know exactly what your surface basking temp is w/ out the probe thermometer

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Before you do anything get a digital probe thermometer -- I posted a link so you can either order it or get it at Petsmart or Petco --- your not getting a actual basking temp w/ out it -- especially on a hammock - you want a actual basking temp you do not want to burn your dragon up -- once you get a actual basking surface temp of where he sits then you need to decide on how to fix it -- at this point you dont know exactly what your surface basking temp is w/ out the probe thermometer
The digital thermometer is coming Friday. but until then, what can I do about my baby beardie not eating much. She just ate two pieces of collard green today.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The digital thermometer is coming Friday. but until then, what can I do about my baby beardie not eating much. She just ate two pieces of collard green today.
She will eat once all the lighting is corrected- please get a better uvb she won't eat w/ out that either- she cannot absorb the calcium she is ingesting- what are you feeding for insects? Keep offering food but please get on the lighting asap- temps and uvb are crucial- keep her hydrated rinse those greens before serving she will hydration thru them- make sure your gut loading the insects feed them at nite so when you feed them in the morning they will be good and hydrated + please order some bsfl www.symtonbsf.com order medium size for her do not dust them feed on top of the salads when she gets to be around 3 months get large they are small rinse them before serving: they come in a dirt keep them in that- I will help you w/ diet but we need to get the temps and uvb situated so she starts eating what are you doing w/ the uvb?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
She will eat once all the lighting is corrected- please get a better uvb she won't eat w/ out that either- she cannot absorb the calcium she is ingesting- what are you feeding for insects? Keep offering food but please get on the lighting asap- temps and uvb are crucial- keep her hydrated rinse those greens before serving she will hydration thru them- make sure your gut loading the insects feed them at nite so when you feed them in the morning they will be good and hydrated + please order some bsfl www.symtonbsf.com order medium size for her do not dust them feed on top of the salads when she gets to be around 3 months get large they are small rinse them before serving: they come in a dirt keep them in that- I will help you w/ diet but we need to get the temps and uvb situated so she starts eating
Should I have two basking light? If not, I’ll keep the Exo Terra bulb. I’ll add the Zoo Med fixture w 10.0T 5 bulb. I have the 30” one.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I have two basking light? If not, I’ll keep the Exo Terra bulb. I’ll add the Zoo Med fixture w 10.0T 5 bulb. I have the 30” one.
Yes get that in the tank if you need help hanging it I can post a link in the morning for you - you want it 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- so you have the one Exo Terra 150 right now? What is the wattage of the evergreen bulb? Uvb's do not give off heat unless your using a mvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes get that in the tank if you need help hanging it I can post a link in the morning for you - you want it 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- so you have the one Exo Terra 150 right now? What is the wattage of the evergreen bulb? Uvb's do not give off heat unless your using a mvb
Nevermind about the mvb wattage you don't want to do anything w/ the basking area yet if you have a 100 watt AND a 150 watt that's alot of wattage - is the dragon basking and for how long?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
she basks for about 10/11 hrs

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I need help hanging it. I used to just place it on top of the tank. The exo terra is 150W. The evergreen is 100W.
Ok I will get the link for the stuff I use in the morning for you- read my post above+

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Nevermind about the mvb wattage you don't want to do anything w/ the basking area yet if you have a 100 watt AND a 150 watt that's alot of wattage - is the dragon basking and for how long?
She doesn’t just sit in the basking hammock for 10/11 hours, she does run around the tank and goes toward cooling side

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She doesn’t just sit in the basking hammock for 10/11 hours, she does run around the tank and goes toward cooling side
So how long is she basking for she should be basking most of the day - if it's too hot she will be moving away is she gaping at all?