• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I am worried (won't eat, sleeps a lot)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't have it turned on I took it off pole to show you, I am getting him up soon. Will send new pictures when he is up.
Ok so the UVB is in that dome ? That would be a coil--- you DO NOT want a coil UVB -- for the best health of your dragon please get what I posted earlier

Ricki77

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the UVB is in that dome ? That would be a coil--- you DO NOT want a coil UVB -- for the best health of your dragon please get what I posted earlier
It's zoo med , I thought you said zoo med sorry. I have decided with help I am not a dragon mom, I have ran a safe home for any animal for over 10 years . Earl was my first dragon and I failed him. I bought a 100 gallon tank bought all new lights food, and books I could find and I still got the wrong light. I will be giving him to a camp the specialize in reptiles, the are amazing. So thank you Sadie for helping realize he will have a better home .

Ricki77

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's zoo med , I thought you said zoo med sorry. I have decided with your help I am not a dragon mom, I have ran a safe home for any animal for over 10 years . Earl was my first dragon and I failed him. I bought a 100 gallon tank bought all new lights food, and books I could find and I still got the wrong light. I will be giving him to a camp the specialize in reptiles, the are amazing. So thank you Sadie for helping realize he will have a better home .

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Don't be so hard on yourself Ricki. Reptiles aren't the easiest creature to handle what with their lights/bulbs/heat/humidity/vivarium/food/bugs/and on it goes never ending. But once you have all of it figured out, then they kind of grow on you with their silly smile and sideway glare when they want to tell you where to go but can't lol. Good luck with Earl.

Bhsdemons24

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using for lighting? Correct UVB is key to having a healthy beardie. If he isn't active its most likely bad UVB. No coils. ( Sadie knows alot about this)

What are you feeding him? Mealworms will impact him most likely if he is a baby. It will make him not want to eat and stressed.

Can you attach a picture of your setup and the beardie plz
Hello everyone I need help please, well someone brought me a bearded dragon . I know nothing I have read and read. So here's the problem. He was fine last week was shedding when I got him. Now he won't eat, sleep a lot. Doesn't move like he did.He goes from drake to a lite yellow. And I not sure if it's a him. Sorry I know this is a lot. But I am worried sick
Get rid of the freeze dried crickets. There is no nutritional value in dead crickets.

Hello everyone I need help please, well someone brought me a bearded dragon . I know nothing I have read and read. So here's the problem. He was fine last week was shedding when I got him. Now he won't eat, sleep a lot. Doesn't move like he did.He goes from drake to a lite yellow. And I not sure if it's a him. Sorry I know this is a lot. But I am worried sickrid of the freezer dried crickets.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please start your own thread- what size tank do you have the dragon in? What are you using for UVB? Basking temps what are they? How are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate--

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please show me what you got I am confused --- you only need ONE good UVB and ONE good basking bulb-- the basking bulb needs to be a bright white bulb like this https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...nse-basking-spot-light-14809.html?cgid=500202 for a 40 gallon tank start w/ a 100 watt MAKE SURE you have a digital probe thermometer that is a MUST----- and a good UVB like this
https://www.amazon.com/Reptisun-26053-Terrarium-Inside-ReptiSun/dp/B07HJG7TJ4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UCMAGAG9G29H&dchild=1&keywords=zoo+med+24+inch+uvb+bulb+fixture&qid=1620305071&sprefix=Zoo+Med+24"+fix,aps,188&sr=8-2 this comes w/ the 10.0 bulb you need and a 5.0 bulb ---keep the 5.0 bulb for a back up the distance and placement is different from the 10.0 -- you need to switch the two out
thank you sadie!! thank you for educating fellow beardie owners :)

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
He’s a chunky baby! Sadie helped me pick out lights - they are in the mail now. I hope you get everything figured out and I’d definitely listen to the people who’ve posted on this thread. My lights were a disaster and they were recommended - hand picked - by the reptile keeper in the petstore. So I thought I had the right set up but alas, it was not.

I hope he brightens up with correct lighting, a loving home and a better diet. Keep posting updates. I’m following.