• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity for my beardie

Magpyguy&gal

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,
I am setting up a new vivarium for my bearded dragon that I get on Wednesday. The problem I am having is controlling the humidity at the basking end of my vivarium, the humidity is reading at 15% to 20%. Everywhere I have researched says that the humidity should be between 30% to 50%. I have moved it’s water dish to the middle of the vivarium but to no change. My set up seems to be running good except for the humidity at the basking end. Any ideas, to up the humidity at the basking end, much appreciated.

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We have both, and swapping them from one end to another to double check the readings.
Ok, try and stick to the digital one as the stick ons aren’t very accurate. You can measure both ends but most common practice is to set it up central at the back of your enclosure and measure from there.

You could use a slightly larger water bowl to raise the humidity a little, it’s a suitable and controlled way to raise it. I don’t have many suggestions or long term experience but hopefully someone else can chime in! It’s great you’ve set up your enclosure before bringing home your beardie :)

Magpyguy&gal

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, try and stick to the digital one as the stick ons aren’t very accurate. You can measure both ends but most common practice is to set it up central at the back of your enclosure and measure from there.

You could use a slightly larger water bowl to raise the humidity a little, it’s a suitable and controlled way to raise it. I don’t have many suggestions or long term experience but hopefully someone else can chime in! It’s great you’ve set up your enclosure before bringing home your beardie :)
Thanks for the advice, we will take it on board.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You need to have the water bowl on the hot side of the tank -- you can also use a wet washcloth -- you want humidity above 20% and a good range 30-40% nothing over 70%