• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to mount lighting to zen habitat tank?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I finally ordered my Zen habitat 120 gallon tank for my Beardie and it is coming tommorw! I did run into a problem though when it comes to lighting. I am still looking for decor for his tank by he will mostly likely still be using a peice of wood and a hammock to bask. I want to mount his night heat lamp and day lamp in his tank as well as his UVB. With my current 40 gallon tank, his UVB is places on top about 12 inches away. What materials should I used to mount all my lights with the new tank including the UVB?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I finally ordered my Zen habitat 120 gallon tank for my Beardie and it is coming tommorw! I did run into a problem though when it comes to lighting. I am still looking for decor for his tank by he will mostly likely still be using a peice of wood and a hammock to bask. I want to mount his night heat lamp and day lamp in his tank as well as his UVB. With my current 40 gallon tank, his UVB is places on top about 12 inches away. What materials should I used to mount all my lights with the new tank including the UVB?
Please put the basking light on top of the screen and the CHE top of screen back center it will warm the whole tank - I am going to post a pic of my tank so you can see and if you still want to put everything inside that is up to you but its easier if the only thing in the tank is the UVB --

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Please put the basking light on top of the screen and the CHE top of screen back center it will warm the whole tank - I am going to post a pic of my tank so you can see and if you still want to put everything inside that is up to you but its easier if the only thing in the tank is the UVB -
My only concern with this is that I have always had very bad luck when it comes to strong heat lamps and the only way my beardie gets 100-degree heat is if the heat lamp is 12 inches away from him. would that still be possible?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My only concern with this is that I have always had very bad luck when it comes to strong heat lamps and the only way my beardie gets 100-degree heat is if the heat lamp is 12 inches away from him. would that still be possible?
Yes you can get it in the tank you may haft to snip the screen but using 2 domes w/ heat bulbs may do the trick only way to do that is try it first see what it does- the room he's in is a colder room- is he by a window ? On the floor?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
My only concern with this is that I have always had very bad luck when it comes to strong heat lamps and the only way my beardie gets 100-degree heat is if the heat lamp is 12 inches away from him. would that still be possible
The room he's in never really gets cold and he is near a window but not facing it. I Might put his UVB and the CHE in the tank but not his main heat lamp. I was also wondering how to stick suction cups to the wood? the ones from his hammock seem to be sticking so far but the one for his digital thermometer will not.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The room he's in never really gets cold and he is near a window but not facing it. I Might put his UVB and the CHE in the tank but not his main heat lamp. I was also wondering how to stick suction cups to the wood? the ones from his hammock seem to be sticking so far but the one for his digital thermometer will not.
You got me mine don't stick either I am thinking about using two faced tape