1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Enclosures' started by TylerBlue27, Jul 2, 2019.

1. TylerBlue27

TylerBlue27 Bearded Dragon Egg

I've read articles on how to do this. They say to soak it in soapy water, but what kind of soap? Any other advice on how to do this would also be great. Thanks!
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

I would suggest textured non adhesive shelf liner for substrate -- its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 in a spray bottle --- Home Depot Lowes carries it and insects cannot get underneath -- the reptile carpet is a pain and it harbors bacteria ---
    kaylyn
  3. JumpinJellyfish

JumpinJellyfish Juvenile Dragon

I hated the reptile carpet, but when I did use it I made sure I could swap them out - put a clean one down and soak the dirty one in soapy water and then in bleach water. Hang/lay it somewhere to dry. How often would depend on what got on it, but never less than once a week and that was with a tiny dragon. I'd spot clean in between changes. I find natural baby wipes to be very helpful for that.