• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often should you mist a tank??

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do u live in a dry climate? It really depends on that and weather and if u keep a water dish, i dont mist my tank (even though i have a bioactive setup(i add a cup of water underneath a log once a month) i spray water every day on the very front of my beardies mouth till she licks then i spray water into her mouth, if your baby is getting fresh bugs that are eating veggies, and he is eating veggies then id say he’s getting more hydration than he would in the wild for shure.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Do u live in a dry climate? It really depends on that and weather and if u keep a water dish, i dont mist my tank (even though i have a bioactive setup(i add a cup of water underneath a log once a month) i spray water every day on the very front of my beardies mouth till she licks then i spray water into her mouth, if your baby is getting fresh bugs that are eating veggies, and he is eating veggies then id say he’s getting more hydration than he would in the wild for shure.
The bugs that I feed don’t get feed veggies they get feed gutloading food here a pic. And he is eating a normal amount of vegetable. And I live in Ohio so tight nows it’s high humidity because of lots of snow on the ground

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was just wondering so I don’t let the humidity two low and to high
What is the humidity in the tank ? I am in MN so its been really dry here I have not had a issue w/ humidity till this year ---my tanks were running too dry so I had to set up a humidifier in the room - I have it sitting on a small filing cabinet in between the two tanks now - Hiccups tank got down to 15% which was too low and Blazes tank was around 20% - his was ok but Hiccups was the concern -- now both tanks are at 30% - which is optimal you want 30-50% -- you dont want below 20 and above 70%

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What is the humidity in the tank ? I am in MN so its been really dry here I have not had a issue w/ humidity till this year ---my tanks were running too dry so I had to set up a humidifier in the room - I have it sitting on a small filing cabinet in between the two tanks now - Hiccups tank got down to 15% which was too low and Blazes tank was around 20% - his was ok but Hiccups was the concern -- now both tanks are at 30% - which is optimal you want 30-50% -- you dont want below 20 and above 70%
It stays around 20-40%

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It stays around 20-40%
Your good ---- if your using a dial gauge I would recommend you upgrade to a probe -- I think they are better in the long run - gauges should be placed on the back wall of the tank center -- that way they are picking up the whole tank