• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much should I feed

Kosmo12

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone.
I have a 4 mos old beardie and was wondering approx how many dubia's he should be getting at a time. I feed him 3x a day but sometimes I'm on the run so need to have an idea about how many I should leave in his dish for him.
Thanks !

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone.
I have a 4 mos old beardie and was wondering approx how many dubia's he should be getting at a time. I feed him 3x a day but sometimes I'm on the run so need to have an idea about how many I should leave in his dish for him.
Thanks !
He should be getting salads too- every morning-- feeding him salads w/ some BSFL on top would be good along w/ some dubias after you feed the salad and bsfl- you want him eating salads now-- you can also use some medium superworms 1-3 on top as well-- bsfl are a good staple feeder and you don't need to dust them -- make sure you add the worms to the salad in front of him-- you will need a glass or ceramic bowl that the insects/ worms can't get out of- you can feed the dubias about an HR after feeding him the other feeders and add them to bowl - I would put around 8-10 in there see how many he eats

Kosmo12

Bearded Dragon Egg
He should be getting salads too- every morning-- feeding him salads w/ some BSFL on top would be good along w/ some dubias after you feed the salad and bsfl- you want him eating salads now-- you can also use some medium superworms 1-3 on top as well-- bsfl are a good staple feeder and you don't need to dust them -- make sure you add the worms to the salad in front of him-- you will need a glass or ceramic bowl that the insects/ worms can't get out of- you can feed the dubias about an HR after feeding him the other feeders and add them to bowl - I would put around 8-10 in there see how many he eats

Kosmo12

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone.
Thanks !
Yes. He gets all of that except I've never tried the super worms, but I will now! That's about how many I give him and that's the confirmation I was looking for!
Thanks so much!

Aj0216

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 4-month-old beardie eats around 10-15 small/medium Dubia's twice a day. His morning feeding is dusted with calcium (4-5 times a week) and a vitamin supplement ( 3 times a week). I also give him a mixed salad (inconsistently eats it) and a few small super worms twice a week. They shouldn't be a staple feeder because of the high-fat content.