• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much dubia?

Toy Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
How many dubia roaches should I buy when I get my dragon. I'm looking to get a new dragon for the first time, should be 7-8 inches. Can't get roaches locally, and I don't wanna deal with crickets being that I live in an apartment. Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanks

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
An 8 inch dragon would probably be able to handle 1-2cm dubias. You can have them swiftly delivered to your door if you order online, so how many you buy is up to you. If you buy 500 they should last a while, depends on its appetite. Dubias are long lived and easy to keep though

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Agreed. I'm new to this as well so I was a bit overwhelmed with having to keep alive dubias (feed, water, etc) AND take care of my new beardie. But it's actually pretty easy. Unless I'm doing something wrong.......I have had a few dubias die but I'm guessing that's part for the course since I bought 100 to start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Toy Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
It does seem pretty easy from what I'm seeing online, mainly you tube but I can't find anyone with a young beardie who specifically states how many roaches last them for a month at a time. I'll probably just get 500 along with some super worms and I'll judge off of how much it eats per day.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
It does seem pretty easy from what I'm seeing online, mainly you tube but I can't find anyone with a young beardie who specifically states how many roaches last them for a month at a time. I'll probably just get 500 along with some super worms and I'll judge off of how much it eats per day.
That's what I did. I started with 100 and we are halfway into week 2 of having Puff. I will have enough for at least another month depending on how fast his appetite picks up. Good news is they deliver pretty fast. I used www.dubiaroaches.com and was happy with my shipment and customer service

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Toy Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been looking around on tons of web sites and I found the cheapest deal on amazon. Go check it out.

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, http://abdragons.com/ is another dubia website too. Free shipping and they also have a rewards program :) My dragon can easily eat 100 dubias in a day if i let him :p then again depends on the size, those small dubias look like tiny roly poly's HAHA if they are bigger sized, of course the appropriate size then he can probably eat 20-40 dubias.