• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How long out of tank?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, I'm a relatively new bearded dragon owner. My boy is 4 months old, and I've been taking him out of his tank for about an hour to an hour and a half at a time to bond with him. Is this okay? Will it be fine to take him out for longer as he gets older?

Mamabear1019

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've read as long as they are not getting cold and have at least 2 hours under the lamp to help digestion it's ok.... I bring my 3month old out and place her on my hearing blanket to keep her warm and she seems to enjoy it :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I'm a relatively new bearded dragon owner. My boy is 4 months old, and I've been taking him out of his tank for about an hour to an hour and a half at a time to bond with him. Is this okay? Will it be fine to take him out for longer as he gets older?
How old is the dragon? Babies I dont recommend it that long - they need time to acclimate to the tank and surroundings and people have lost the dragons under furniture refrigerators etc --- max time out for a dragon is 2 hrs --- unless you set up a basking spot on the floor in your LR etc where they can go and warm up --- dragons need AT LEAST 4 hrs for basking time -- they usually bask most of the time when little and as they get older they will move around their tank -- it is best to have a cool side in the tank 80's during the day middle of the tank in the 90's and the basking area 105-110 for babies and 95-100 for 6 months and up