• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How does my set up look?

Muham816

Hatchling Dragon
0ECC5169-9093-4287-9DC6-086BEAA87CDF.jpeg

Muham816

Hatchling Dragon
It looks nice --- the UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? And the screen is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hold screen type?
I have two UVB I just got the deep dome with the reptisun 10.0 bulb today, I wanted to try that out. The long fixture I have is a t8. Is it too much to run them at the same time? And the screen is fine mesh.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have two UVB I just got the deep dome with the reptisun 10.0 bulb today, I wanted to try that out. The long fixture I have is a t8. Is it too much to run them at the same time? And the screen is fine mesh.
Please take the coil back they are inadequate-------------- the T 8 is the better bulb --- please get it inside the tank -- the screen is blocking 30% of the UVB rays ---- that coil is harmful I just cant stress that enough ---- the T 8 needs to be unobstructed meaning no clear plastic cover over the bulb if there is one and distance needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor ---- here are some things to hang w/
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers -- TAK TY cable and hook ties - look at Walmart the look like velcro straps - I am using them they work really good

Muham816

Hatchling Dragon
Please take the coil back they are inadequate-------------- the T 8 is the better bulb --- please get it inside the tank -- the screen is blocking 30% of the UVB rays ---- that coil is harmful I just cant stress that enough ---- the T 8 needs to be unobstructed meaning no clear plastic cover over the bulb if there is one and distance needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor ---- here are some things to hang w/
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers -- TAK TY cable and hook ties - look at Walmart the look like velcro straps - I am using them they work really good
Thank you for the advice here’s the updated set up, I used the Velcro fasteners they hold up really well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the advice here’s the updated set up, I used the Velcro fasteners they hold up really well!
Is that attached to back wall?? You want him to be able to get directly under it --- so get a piece of decor and place under it approx 6-8 inches --- having it on the back wall you dont want that UVB shining directly in his eyes thats why its recommended its above him