• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How close to UV light?

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I have new branch that leads all the way to the top of the viv. How can I know if my dragon is too close to the light. My dragon has started to keep his right eye closed most of the time. That is the eye closest to the bulb. When he is in the tub or out of cage he may close one eye to focus, but then re-open it. What do yall think?
???

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello,
From screen to the top of his new branch I would say 2-3 inches. I moved the light down to where it hovers over the lower part of his new toy (branch) to create more spce. I have been home all day today and I have not noticed him closing his eye like. I also took him outside to get some real rays for about 30 min and he really seemed to enjoy using me as his branch ::)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Outside rays are the best for them.

They do tend to close one eye at times to focus on one side.