• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How can we improve BDF?

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
a chat room might be nice but may ruin the forums altogether but i would like to see an app out for this because not only would it bring more popularity but it also would give more to the users but make it a free app and if your wanting to make a little chaching off of it then put a few adds on it and have the option to get rid of these adds for a dollar and make that one dollar give the buyer a free promotion? (bearded dragon egg to bearded dragon hatchling or something)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your input! Keep the feedback coming, everyone!
I've thought about making our own dedicated app. For now we have the Tapatalk app that allows access to the forum and all forum functions.
Everyone should know too that the forum is made on a responsive design so it should work flawlessly in a mobile or tablet browser just like it does on a desktop. It'll look a little bit different but everything is still there!
As for chat rooms, they're very hard to moderate and it's also not as beneficial to people if you're not in chat. Generally the help given in chat rooms is lost forever. With threads and replies, the discussion is saved for future members to see and learn from...

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
true stuff on the chat rooms because you can get all sorts of garbage on those hmmmmmm maybe have a voting center where people can cast votes on there favorite site to buy insects from?? that would be extremely helpful to newbies (like me) and even professionals

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
or even voting centers on several other things such as the massive debate on feeder insects so that way we can put in order what kinds of insects to buy and which ones to avoid entirely but also a brands voting thing were you set up different like idk best UVB lights or emitters for your BD you can list: flukers heat light 1000 and have it next to like bearded dragon COs super heat 454 ( made up stuff) but that would really help us out! especially for noobs like me who have very little knowledge on the lights or brands

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Love the feedback discussion!
I think it could definitely be helpful to have polls to see what kind of stuff everyone does. The trouble is just getting everyone to vote on them. But try it out and see what kind of response there is! Some problems/questions have far too many solutions, and different things work for different people but it's always good to see what the trends are...

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
true... maybe like once every few days or week? that way people dont feel overwhelmed by the amount of polls? idk im just throwing out ideas

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
I got something for ya josh, a table of common diseases, parasites, etc. With a picture and description next to it. How to treat or prevent it should also be listed. Then also let people comment on each thing? idk I would think some people would have things to throw in as well as what would be listed.

dragonfab32

Hatchling Dragon
If you do that you should have a list of what kind of beardie is which also matching with pics and stuff... idk more information on the site that just is there?? lol

Ryan & rosco

Hatchling Dragon
Not sure if this has been done but I was thinking an Instagram Paige. Nothing fancy just a bearded dragon forum Paige. Mainly for our members but a quick and easy way to just upload pics of our little buddies without a hassle at all. It is something I would be willing to set up if proper approval is given.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aha! I was looking for a suggestions thread. I have been a regular here for quite a while now and i have enjoyed helping the moderators out where I can answering peoples questions. The vast majority of the information I give others I have gotten from this site itself. Time after time I notice new members asking the same questions. The same questions predate my time here and probably back to when the site began. My point is, the answers are all in here in the forum.

My theory is that people need to be shown how to use or somehow directed into using the forum search more. Thats what I use when I cant recall something, its a very efficient especially if a fast answer is needed, but sadly its an overlooked tool. Now, how to do this exactly I am not sure, instructions? enhance the search box somehow?

I realise that some people just need reasurance from an actual person and that is fine, but if it could encourage more people to look for their own answers they perhaps wouldn't need to ask. This would take some pressure off the moderators having to answer the same questions ad infinitum.

Just need suggestions on how to implement my suggestion now lol

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it would help to if we retain members so that others can help answer as well. More visitors means more discussion