• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How big?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Recommended a 75-120 gallon tank and nothing smaller than a 40 gallon and thats pushing it-- you will notice when the dragon gets to be a full size dragon that the 40 gallon is too small
Hey, should it be glass, screen or other?thanks much

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Glass is most common-- if your a carpenter you could build your own- there is a website I can give you for ideas and what you should make it out of-- what to use and what not to use- or you can look for tanks on Craigslist or FB marketplace- if you go this route and you find one make sure you sanitize it real good and look for one w/ front doors- are you doing research on dragons? I can give you a website for all kinds of info on them and their care
Thanks. Anyone you’d recommend for buying one online. What would the dimensions of a 100 gallon tank be?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Glass is most common-- if your a carpenter you could build your own- there is a website I can give you for ideas and what you should make it out of-- what to use and what not to use- or you can look for tanks on Craigslist or FB marketplace- if you go this route and you find one make sure you sanitize it real good and look for one w/ front doors- are you doing research on dragons? I can give you a website for all kinds of info on them and their care
Also that would be great, any suggested reading on the dragons would be great.thanks again.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There are several places to get on line --- my tank is a Zen Habitat -- www.zenhabitats.com
www.carolinacages.com --- and there are some more websites listed on the bearddragon forum under Enclosures - title Big List of Enclosures topic
Natural Terrarium Large/Tall
90 x 45 x 60 cm / 36” x 18” x 24” (WxDxH)
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/natural_terrarium_large.php this tank is a 65 gallon but you can look here on this website
Thanks much. I’m not sure I’ll have enough room to house a terrarium in that size range. It’s gonna take some major rearranging of furniture to say the least. What about letting dragons roam freely, no enclosure?thanks again.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello again,
Or should I just go with one of these and if so which one.thanks

Natural Terrarium Large/Low
90 x 45 x 30 cm / 36” x 18” x 12” (WxDxH)

Natural Terrarium Large/Wide
90 x 45 x 45 cm / 36” x 18” x 18” (WxDxH)

Natural Terrarium Large/Tall
90 x 45 x 60 cm / 36” x 18” x 24” (WxDxH)

Natural Terrarium Large/X-Tall
90 x 45 x 90 cm / 36” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH)

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Funds are not really an issue, though I’m not rich. Biggest issue is: is there enough room to house a habitat. Thnkx

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I couldnt find any pricing on the one from Exo Terra --- so I emailed them --- the Carolina cage is $389 w/ shipping --- but its only a 67 gallon --- the Exo Terra is a 100 gallon --- the $1000 will definitely get you there and then some --- they said 3 days for reply from Exo Terra -- I am curious as to what they are asking or if you haft to go thru a Pet store to get this -- if you haft to do that there is going to be a considerable mark up---- w/ that being said look at this tank off Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0738L5GNR/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
what do you think of this ?
Looks good to me, but I’m a total novice when it comes to terrariums. I’m more or less looking for your opinions, Im putting my trust in you guys.
Thanks

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Do you have any lighting now-- meaning a good UVB besides the tank itself the UVB will be the most expensive- and that UVB is extremely important- I can give you a website that has reasonable prices for a fixture and bulbs
I don’t have

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just a heads up. I don’t know if it’s noticeable or not but I’m what what one would call a slow person. So if I don’t seem to make sense I mean no harm. Thanks for your patience.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry about my delay in responding. I think I’m gonna wait for the zen. It’s more stylish to me. On their site it says they’ll be available in May.
a. The room the dragon will be housed in is where I spend at least 1/4 of my day so being alone shouldn’t be an issue for him/her.
b. Room temp averages at about 66 degrees.
c. Not really sure what is meant by PVC??
d. For my purposes I’ll be going with this Zen. Going with this particular cage which lighting should I go with?.peace

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Was just researching and found this . What is the plant life?Some kind of moss? Is it safe/desirable for a dragon?or just go with tiles?thanks

upload_2020-3-29_18-27-50.jpeg