• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiya!

Waddles’Owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum. I currently care for an 8 month old female bearded dragon named Waddles. She’s super cute and she and I have already formed such a strong bond! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and my beardie. I’ll include some of my favorite photos of her.

Attachments

• A8994020-0C96-4856-8C81-6BDA4EB86013.jpeg
    A8994020-0C96-4856-8C81-6BDA4EB86013.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • C847B864-D049-462A-B84B-CCB36145D510.jpeg
    C847B864-D049-462A-B84B-CCB36145D510.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) , i love her name, what kind of bugs are waddles favorite? Do you have her in a bioactive setup or is that just cocofiber, if you have any questions please do ask, we’ll do our best to answer.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Very resourceful place, if it wasn't for this forum i don't know if i'd still have a bearded dragon. Let us know if there is anything you need please <3

Waddles’Owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum :) , i love her name, what kind of bugs are waddles favorite? Do you have her in a bioactive setup or is that just cocofiber, if you have any questions please do ask, we’ll do our best to answer.
Thanks! I named her after how they look when they move on tile floor. Heheh. Her favorite are super worms. I also just figured out she loves cucumbers too! Also, I’m not sure what the setup is, my sister helped me with it. And thanks for the welcome! :)

Waddles’Owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just figured out the other day that it is coconut fiber. We moved her into a larger enclosure and we used that.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just figured out the other day that it is coconut fiber. We moved her into a larger enclosure and we used that.
Please get rid of the coconut fiber -- it has been known to cause RI from the dust and it harbors bacteria --- please go to a non loose substrate like a textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank or a slated ceramic tile -- those are both more sanitary and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water solution 50/50 -- you can get both of those from your local home improvement store -- if you need more info on the tile please ask

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Please get rid of the coconut fiber -- it has been known to cause RI from the dust and it harbors bacteria --- please go to a non loose substrate like a textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank or a slated ceramic tile -- those are both more sanitary and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water solution 50/50 -- you can get both of those from your local home improvement store -- if you need more info on the tile please ask
Horrible advice tile causes joint damage after so long and coco isnt dusty when you mix topsoil and such into it and so forth can make it into a bioactive . cocofiber is a horrible substrate yes but still better then tile at least you can advance with cocofiber . this is a borrowing species tile eliminates every natural behavior known. Skip the trash you named and go bioactive. A beardie should only be housed on tile for quarantine or for treatments and healing or dragons with adenovirus. Tile harbours tons of bacteria even if you use and clean with what you said it is still dirty microbially where if you have springtails and other cleaners in the coco it wouldn't be stop recommending this hobby damaging substrate. Stop housing your pets like the industrial breeders do it isnt good welfare