• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hides vs no hides

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mine has a "cave" she can go under to get out of the UVB but she is by no means hidden. She is almost 9months old. When she was a baby I had multiple hides but she never used them. She's always been confident and never felt the need to hide I guess. I would say it may depend on your home environment, if you have kids that can be loud and they smush their faces on the glass etc etc dogs even.. your beardie may want a place to hide from it all. For my girl, she has peace and quiet with just me and my fiance here.

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I would say go ahead and put at least 1 hide in there. Like Ebrietas said, it might depend on your home environment, but either way beardies usually appreciate a secure dark space to chill in if they want

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i was told (especially for a baby) they need 2-3 , of course there wouldn’t be much room for an adult beardy in a typical enclosure with 3, but they should have one in my opinion, or some way to hide from the uvb if they so choose.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At least one hide -- my tanks have 2 - one on cool side and one in the middle of the tank

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
i was told (especially for a baby) they need 2-3 , of course there wouldn’t be much room for an adult beardy in a typical enclosure with 3, but they should have one in my opinion, or some way to hide from the uvb if they so choose.
I’m building an enclosure. My guy has a basement 6 inches tall. Plenty of room to hide.