• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi!

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Fellow Beardie Parents
This is Arlo our 7month old Princess.
She has settled in Great although there is such a learning curve keeping up with her needs.
We got her for our 12 year old son but we,ve all fallen in love with her.
We are having some teething issues which could be stress related as I think she is to young to
to be going through Brumation.
She was eating well till this past week and has'nt had the toilet in almost a week.
I give her fresh water and fresh salad every morning but it seems to go untouched
We try her with Locusts, Dubias, Water Melon and Meal Worms.
She seems well within herself although spends 80% of her time in the cooler area of her Viv.
Ihave bathed her once a week as I here this might help her to poo.
Any Suggestions as to how to help her get her bowels moving please

IMG_3991.JPG

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Arlo looks very cute I love her colouring. Well to start bearded dragons can’t see still water which is why she’s not touching her water bowl. What types of veggies are you giving her and would you mind sending in a picture of her tank? While it could be teething problems it could also be related to something in her environment as well

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Arlo looks very cute I love her colouring. Well to start bearded dragons can’t see still water which is why she’s not touching her water bowl. What types of veggies are you giving her and would you mind sending in a picture of her tank? While it could be teething problems it could also be related to something in her environment as well
Thanks for getting back to me.
She is gorgeous
Iv haven’t heard they are unable to see still water before, how oils you suggest I deal with this issue?
Thank you for the advice

Attachments

• 3E76F772-406F-4C00-B0D7-264230DA17DD.jpeg
    3E76F772-406F-4C00-B0D7-264230DA17DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 21A94325-6A64-4566-8C04-8FFE2D8BDDB1.jpeg
    21A94325-6A64-4566-8C04-8FFE2D8BDDB1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 859838B1-6797-43C7-89D5-D142EB04E47C.jpeg
    859838B1-6797-43C7-89D5-D142EB04E47C.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 13

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
For the water there’s nothing much that you can do besides giving her regular baths or putting in a fountain like water dish. Those though can increase the humidity in their tanks so you may want to be careful with that. I usually just give my beardies baths and include some water veggies in their diet every once in a while like zucchini or bell peppers. Can I ask what your lighting set up is please and thank you?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
For the water there’s nothing much that you can do besides giving her regular baths or putting in a fountain like water dish. Those though can increase the humidity in their tanks so you may want to be careful with that. I usually just give my beardies baths and include some water veggies in their diet every once in a while like zucchini or bell peppers. Can I ask what your lighting set up is please and thank you?
For the water you can also get a dropper or spray bottle and gently mist her nose with it and if she’s thirsty she’ll like the water drops

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If shes gettin veg almost every day she doesn’t need a water dish in there(ur just introduceing humidity) I usually spray the very front of my beardies mouth eventually she’ll lick and thats when i spray water in her mouth, what kind of substrate is that? Soil ?clay and dirt? , make shure shes not eating it, not pooing for a week is conserning , feel her belly gently anything hard? U shouldn’t feel anything other than her ribs , if she has things in there (give her a luke warm bath , not hot bearly warm) and massage her tum for as long as shell let you , if there’s absolutely nothing and she still doesn’t eat or poo , id take her into the vet and get an xray , if u have any of her old poo or a recent one take that into the vet aswell they can test for parasites and other things, when was ur last bulb change? Whats the temps in ur home? It seems cause we are in winter in most of the world everyones dragons are slowing down just a bit, please don’t dismiss her behavior as just bein brumation though.

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Emilia
Iv put a couple of pictures so you can see Arlos set up.
As you can see no expense has been, I had a beardie and reptile expert to design and fit out her environment.
Salad wise I give her fresh Rocket Carrot and Spinach every day.
She has started “window surfing” This morning since I gave her a warm bath.
I tried her with fresh watermelon shavings but other than liking it she’s not interested.
I’m phoning a Beardie friendly vet in the morning to get an appointment to have her checked over, mostly because she hasn’t poop or eaten properly for a week.
She has lost 5 grams since Thursday but as she is 280 gram as of this morning im not to concerned about her being under weight.
Any advice you can give is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• F90996A9-C7BC-43C5-83CC-80E568D5EED2.jpeg
    F90996A9-C7BC-43C5-83CC-80E568D5EED2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 8F352228-1926-4233-8205-456FA8769D4A.jpeg
    8F352228-1926-4233-8205-456FA8769D4A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
If shes gettin veg almost every day she doesn’t need a water dish in there(ur just introduceing humidity) I usually spray the very front of my beardies mouth eventually she’ll lick and thats when i spray water in her mouth, what kind of substrate is that? Soil ?clay and dirt? , make shure shes not eating it, not pooing for a week is conserning , feel her belly gently anything hard? U shouldn’t feel anything other than her ribs , if she has things in there (give her a luke warm bath , not hot bearly warm) and massage her tum for as long as shell let you , if there’s absolutely nothing and she still doesn’t eat or poo , id take her into the vet and get an xray , if u have any of her old poo or a recent one take that into the vet aswell they can test for parasites and other things, when was ur last bulb change? Whats the temps in ur home? It seems cause we are in winter in most of the world everyones dragons are slowing down just a bit, please don’t dismiss her behavior as just bein brumation though.
Thanks thats great advice.
il take her water dish out shortly as she only used it to wash her feet while she was window surfing but she has just had big poo so Shes basking with a smile on her wee face so my fears have been abated some.
the substrant is a not my chosen base as its got clay type lumps in it but it was recomended by my reptile breader.
im just away to try her with Locusts and Dubias and fingers crossed she will start eating.
do you suggest I leave here in her Viv for a week or so as this is a very busy house and Im thinking she might be overly stressed.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
il take her water dish out shortly as she only used it to wash her feet while she was window surfing but she has just had big poo so Shes basking with a smile on her wee face so my fears have been abated some.
the substrant is a not my chosen base as its got clay type lumps in it but it was recomended by my reptile breader.
im just away to try her with Locusts and Dubias and fingers crossed she will start eating.
do you suggest I leave here in her Viv for a week or so as this is a very busy house and Im thinking she might be overly stressed.
IF you think shes getting to much stimulation put a towel over the front of the tank , thats what i did when i got my beardie , i keep the tank covered At night aswell cause sometimes i like to watch tv, im so happy to hear she passed, are u feedings dead bugs? Id advise to get live feeders , your salads look great btw , the substrate should be fine just pay attention if she munchies on it, if she is eating it she’s trying to get more trace minerals and u need to uptic ur calcium and vitamins a lil bit,.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Can I suggest less spinach? Since the spinach leaves contain many oxalates, it should only be fed on special occasions and that too in fewer amounts. This is primarily because the high oxalate content in spinach leaves are considered unhealthy for bearded dragons. High oxalate content results in binding the calcium atom, thus preventing it from being absorbed by the bearded dragon body. Eating excess spinach can make the bearded dragons sick and can even prove to be fatal for them. Instead, as a daily staple try collard greens or mustard greens.

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can I suggest less spinach? Since the spinach leaves contain many oxalates, it should only be fed on special occasions and that too in fewer amounts. This is primarily because the high oxalate content in spinach leaves are considered unhealthy for bearded dragons. High oxalate content results in binding the calcium atom, thus preventing it from being absorbed by the bearded dragon body. Eating excess spinach can make the bearded dragons sick and can even prove to be fatal for them. Instead, as a daily staple try collard greens or mustard greens.
Thank you!
I’m going shopping for her veg tomorrow so il make sure there is no spinach this time and throw the rest out.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!
I’m going shopping for her veg tomorrow so il make sure there is no spinach this time and throw the rest out.
Does she ever get bee pollen on her salads? Its very good for them and it gives it a buggy smell, thats the only way my beardy will eat salad.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Here’s a website that includes all the veggies, feeders and fruit they can eat and which ones to stay away from. As well make sure she has the correct uvb and lighting. The reason why she may not be eating could be because she’s not getting enough heat or uvb. Would you mind letting us know which uvb you are currently using and how far away she is?