• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with Beardies Sex

Raggy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi we just got our son his first beloved bearded dragon! We are trying to figure out a name for him and I’ve read online on how to sex them but I am having a hard time. Could you guys help us out please?

Attachments

• 7D145BB7-6DBF-4DF3-B2D7-17EC14B362F2.jpeg
    7D145BB7-6DBF-4DF3-B2D7-17EC14B362F2.jpeg
    753.5 KB · Views: 41
  • C6146A43-1FF6-4F1A-937A-640FE2908F7E.jpeg
    C6146A43-1FF6-4F1A-937A-640FE2908F7E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi we just got our son his first beloved bearded dragon! We are trying to figure out a name for him and I’ve read online on how to sex them but I am having a hard time. Could you guys help us out please?
Still pretty young --- post back on here w/ his butt toward the camera and tail in the air in about 3 months or so -- we maybe able to tell for sure by then

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
yeah it is male, I have a male myself and I sexed him myself with internet help and general female biology information. males=two bulges that represent the hemipenises, females=1 bulge(you should know why)

Raggy

Bearded Dragon Egg
yeah it is male, I have a male myself and I sexed him myself with internet help and general female biology information. males=two bulges that represent the hemipenises, females=1 bulge(you should know why)
So you believe mine is a male? I plan on posting more pics in a month or two to get some more opinions when he has aged a bit more.

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
So you believe mine is a male? I plan on posting more pics in a month or two to get some more opinions when he has aged a bit more.
just from some looking at legs and the area near them, yes. I see femoral holes or whatever they're called, they are on males, but not females. I could be wrong about femoral holes being male exclusive, but I have a male bearded dragon myself and he has the femoral holes across his butt and back legs

Raggy

Bearded Dragon Egg
just from some looking at legs and the area near them, yes. I see femoral holes or whatever they're called, they are on males, but not females. I could be wrong about femoral holes being male exclusive, but I have a male bearded dragon myself and he has the femoral holes across his butt and back legs
Okay awesome! I did read the femoral pores are more pronounced on a male than a female! I will just continue waiting patiently until “he” gets a bit older! I really appreciate your input!

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Females do have them, they are just much larger on males. This beardie is probably too young to tell because it hasn't fully developed its pores yet

Raggy

Bearded Dragon Egg
So if he’s a male I would see two bulges right? I just took this picture today since you guys are telling me he is definitely a boy. I only see one bulge though and when looking at pictures it just seems to resemble closer to what the females look like.

Attachments

• 52FE9E62-186D-469D-9C0F-A7887D809B8B.jpeg
    52FE9E62-186D-469D-9C0F-A7887D809B8B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
So if he’s a male I would see two bulges right? I just took this picture today since you guys are telling me he is definitely a boy. I only see one bulge though and when looking at pictures it just seems to resemble closer to what the females look like.
The bulges are probably not fully developed yet. Should be easier to tell when he is at least 7 months

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
how old is this one? as far as I can tell, maybe 2 months at most

Raggy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got him in the beginning of august and he was baby so I’d say 2 months is a good estimate.