• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help sexing 1-year-old?

cyberstevie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mont is turning 1 in early April, meaning 7 months together! Assumed male until recently, and the pores/tail bump is making me think female. Any help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 12.49.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 12.49.39 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 12.49.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 12.49.48 PM.png
    618.9 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mont is turning 1 in early April, meaning 7 months together! Assumed male until recently, and the pores/tail bump is making me think female. Any help?
The first place to look is the ventral side of the base of their tails.
Males have two elongated bulges along their tales and a dip between them. Also, they have more prominent femoral pores through which they secrete a waxy, pheromone-rich substance.
Females have only one bulge just above the cloaca, which smaller and of more rounded shape and smaller pores.
Also, males tend to grow bigger, with larger heads, though this becomes more obvious only when comparing a male and a female.

If I am seeing correctly I am seeing two bumps above the vent