• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP PLEASE (hatchling feeding and care??)

dragon1998

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have 27 2 week old hatchings, they have only started properly eating in the past week and I have only just started dusting. I have been bathing them daily and have been putting in as many crickets as they will eat in 10 mins. I have been offering greens once daily. Everytime I look into things there is different info and I feel like everything I am doing is wrong and I am so worried! If anyone could help me I would appreciate it more than anything!!!

So 2 of these dragons are acting super strange, bodies go limp and refusing food for the most part and head is dropping a lot. Yestarday I fed them both with calcium and vit dusted crickets and made sure they both had water.

I am now concerned that my whole set up is wrong! They have arcadia flood basking lights 75w and have the arcadia desert tube light and have a small heat pad for night time. I have a 3 stack vivariums that are 86.5cm length, 41cm high and 37.5cm deep. But now I read that the basking spots should be 10-12" away from the bulb, thats 25cm, the bulb itself hangs 16cm down so its not possible? What do I do? Current highest basking spot is only 10cm away from the bulb!!! I have reptile carpet down, have plenty of hiding spots and basking spots. Just need to know what I can do to make this set up as perfect as I can to make them as happy and health as I can! I am worried sick about it and feel like an awful person, so anyone that can help, honestly I would appreciate it more than you know!!!

Thank you in advance!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have 27 2 week old hatchings, they have only started properly eating in the past week and I have only just started dusting. I have been bathing them daily and have been putting in as many crickets as they will eat in 10 mins. I have been offering greens once daily. Everytime I look into things there is different info and I feel like everything I am doing is wrong and I am so worried! If anyone could help me I would appreciate it more than anything!!!

So 2 of these dragons are acting super strange, bodies go limp and refusing food for the most part and head is dropping a lot. Yestarday I fed them both with calcium and vit dusted crickets and made sure they both had water.

I am now concerned that my whole set up is wrong! They have arcadia flood basking lights 75w and have the arcadia desert tube light and have a small heat pad for night time. I have a 3 stack vivariums that are 86.5cm length, 41cm high and 37.5cm deep. But now I read that the basking spots should be 10-12" away from the bulb, thats 25cm, the bulb itself hangs 16cm down so its not possible? What do I do? Current highest basking spot is only 10cm away from the bulb!!! I have reptile carpet down, have plenty of hiding spots and basking spots. Just need to know what I can do to make this set up as perfect as I can to make them as happy and health as I can! I am worried sick about it and feel like an awful person, so anyone that can help, honestly I would appreciate it more than you know!!!

Thank you in advance!!
Gonna get you some help w/ this --- I will post when I hear back

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much
Ok here is what she said and is asking

Post pics of the enclosure and a few close ups of the healthy babies vs the sickly ones, a video would be even better. Are the other 25 babies healthy + active ? Include pics of the crickets next to the babies to show the size, hatchlings can't handle crickets that are even slightly too big. Is the heat matt inside or under the enclosure ? These can be dangerous if they're inside, even under a carpet. Pics are very important.

dragon1998

Bearded Dragon Egg

Post pics of the enclosure and a few close ups of the healthy babies vs the sickly ones, a video would be even better. Are the other 25 babies healthy + active ? Include pics of the crickets next to the babies to show the size, hatchlings can't handle crickets that are even slightly too big. Is the heat matt inside or under the enclosure ? These can be dangerous if they're inside, even under a carpet. Pics are very important.
I will have to get some pictures taken this evening, the heat mat is in the enclosure under the carpet, how would heat come through if it was underneath? Crickets I make sure are smaller than the width between the eyes and yes all the other babies are in good health and active.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will have to get some pictures taken this evening, the heat mat is in the enclosure under the carpet, how would heat come through if it was underneath? Crickets I make sure are smaller than the width between the eyes and yes all the other babies are in good health and active.
I have passed the info on to her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have passed the info on to her
That all sounds good, I'll look forward to the pictures. As for the heat mat, they can malfunction and get too hot even with light carpet over them or a baby could crawl under but I doubt that's the problem. If your temps. don't go below 70 at night you don't need any supplemental heat though.

dragon1998

Bearded Dragon Egg
That all sounds good, I'll look forward to the pictures. As for the heat mat, they can malfunction and get too hot even with light carpet over them or a baby could crawl under but I doubt that's the problem. If your temps. don't go below 70 at night you don't need any supplemental heat though.
Its very cold here haha probably is around 10 Celsius at night inside! I shall post pics soon

dragon1998

Bearded Dragon Egg

262103050_301241018675416_9215152863629340211_n.jpg
261862905_426029645822609_2794613352070387113_n.jpg
262879279_4400291916686460_6500916830588992404_n.jpg
260719147_957384728502534_8276576021758378229_n.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Photos sent
here is her response
The cage decor is good, best to leave out hiding places though. Probably need 2 basking bulbs about 14 inches apart. The uvb needs to be in the middle of the tank, not on the wall. They will hardly get any uvb that way. Will need need a ceramic heat emitter at night if the temp. is 10C.