• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help my BD laid 2 eggs

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Iv come home from work and found 2 eggs (1white and 1yellow), I do not want to hatch these eggs. I separated my male and female thinking I'd separated in time I was wrong :-(. Can anyone give me advice now as she won't eat, also does she need space? Do I need to leave her alone? Will she have anymore eggs as iv read they have around 6. Thanks

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
She can lay several clutches totaling around 25 eggs (according to research) Sounds like she needs a lay box to let her lay. Its as simple as a Tupperware with moist play (as in playbox) sand.

As I'm new to beardies, there may be other ideas. As for the eggs, I know turning them sideways or upside down will kill them, but Im not sue if there's a better way to prevent them from hatching and dispose of them. Maybe talk to your vet on that?

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Oh no I don't have sand, can I use anything else?? and too late to get any, if she laid 2 about 4 hours ago is she def gonna lay more?? Xx

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah mine layer 18 infertile eggs last time.not that I know of the sand clumps together great to form a hole.i would make sure to grab some tomorrow then

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Fab Thankyou so much just want her comfy poor thing I didn't even know she was pregnant just thought she was off her food xx

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
We you know now and it better know now than never :)and i take it u done everything you can now all u have.to do is wait. :)

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah iv made her a private area in her viv with plenty of sand(managed to get some from a friend) to nest in. My friend wants her eggs to incubate so fingers crossed it goes to plan. Thanks everyone been a little panicked tonight. Xx

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
Try to make a box outside of her tank.leave her in it all day until it's feeding time feed her in her tank and bath like normal.she might be in the laying box for a couple weeks.but since she ready some already might be a couple days

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
A box with no heat lamp or uv light?? So iv been to work all day and come home her viv is a tip sand everywhere and no eggs, iv felt under her and she is so thin do you think she may only lay 2 eggs?? Xx

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
I am so worried, she still hasn't laid any more eggs she won't eat anything although I think she is eating her greens dusted with calsi dust. She is very active and scratching. I tried feeling for more eggs but she is tiny can't seem to feel any, do you think I should take her to the vets or wait abit longer she laid her 2 eggs 4 days ago xx