• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Peeps.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know it's been a long time since I posted here. I've been extremely busy with life. I don't remember if you all remember what happened last year in 2018, but it was an utter nightmare. The three of us were displaced twice by a tree limb falling on our electric meter mast and having to endure two to three weeks of stress, non-stop stress, and an out of control yard.

This year, we took back our yard and paid a ton of money to get rid of all the privet trees (that are invasive.) and found an over abundance of English Ivy overtaking the yard, killing and suffocating my trees. One tree died because of the English Ivy. As I battled it on my own, spraying herbicides all over the place to kill any and all privet trees and English Ivy, I have succeeded on killing most of the ivy. It is so invasive, you have to be on top of your game.

Just last week, on Thursday, I hired a tree cutter, who thought lying was a good way and not listening to us about lowering the electric wires connecting to the power pole to the house. He decided that he knew what he was doing. I began to take a video because I wanted to show the tree getting cut down. I watched from the video and in horror, what happened. The tree limb fell on the wire and pulled the mast from the meter box and tore a huge big hole out of the roof.

Unfortunately, Maya, my sweet ESA, I was so worried about his health and life, I had him boarded with a new 'friend' who knows all about beardies. (She has a bunch of them) She is taking care of my boy. I told her that he has never been away from me before and I hope I can get him back. Meanwhile, the two of us are living in the car and in buildings to stay cool. We also wait until it's cool enough to go back into the house. Just to take cold showers and sleep which is hard to come by.

I have already asked churches, resources, even the insurance if they can help and they said no. It's not covered. None of the damage is covered and everything is having to come out of pocket. I'm doubting whether we can make the mortgage due to the electrical work we need done. I'm going to post my gofundme just so you guys can see what happened. Whether you donate, is up to you.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/HelpUsGetBackIntoOurHouse