• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello! Looking for info

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That’s great news I always suggest to adopt from rescues instead of buying. Though the babies are cute theres always something about rescues that makes them different.
There’s tons of information on the internet so you can always look there or here. When you look at care sheets just make sure they aren’t from any big named brand pet companies.
Here’s some starter info because there are a couple helicopter Karen’s that will attack your forum with very strict information. Anyways here’s what I can tell ya.
Tanks: they can be comfy in a 55 gallon but the more room they have the happier they are. So if you can do a 75-100 gallon it be amazing for them. Always make sure there are 2 sides warm and cold. Warm being around 100-105 and cold around 80-85. But also listen to your beardie, if they’re warm side is looking too hot for them than find a way to lower the temp. Same with their uvb if their glass surfing or looking unhappy with it bring them closer to it. Like kids every beardie is different and likes different things. Definitely have a cave or 2 some beardies like them more than others. They do love hammock, make sure they have something to climb on, oh and basking spot (which is their warm side with the uvb) should be within 6-8” of your beardie. Substrate shouldn’t be anything loose. If you’re a bit handy I suggest doin a stone tile bottom easy to clean and they do love rocks. For uvb use a tub one it’s much better for them the reptisun one is highly recommended. No colour bulbs just use normal heat lights.
Food: I suggest following this website, it’s very in-depth and covers pros and cons of most feeders and gives a very detailed list of veggies. http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/what-do-bearded-dragons-eat.php
Baths are healthy for them again it all depends of their age but adults should get weekly baths. Babies are much harder to take care of and do require a lot more attention. But over all they are amazing creatures and you can develop amazing bonds with them. I have an elderly beardie who I rescued and has been my partner in crime ever since. They truly are a lot like dogs and I do suggest you watch videos about them, look at any kind of care sheet, and see if you can put enough time for them. They are a weird combination of dog/child and can be ridiculously funny and worth every cent and second you put into them.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That’s great news I always suggest to adopt from rescues instead of buying. Though the babies are cute theres always something about rescues that makes them different.
There’s tons of information on the internet so you can always look there or here. When you look at care sheets just make sure they aren’t from any big named brand pet companies.
Here’s some starter info because there are a couple helicopter Karen’s that will attack your forum with very strict information. Anyways here’s what I can tell ya.
Tanks: they can be comfy in a 55 gallon but the more room they have the happier they are. So if you can do a 75-100 gallon it be amazing for them. Always make sure there are 2 sides warm and cold. Warm being around 100-105 and cold around 80-85. But also listen to your beardie, if they’re warm side is looking too hot for them than find a way to lower the temp. Same with their uvb if their glass surfing or looking unhappy with it bring them closer to it. Like kids every beardie is different and likes different things. Definitely have a cave or 2 some beardies like them more than others. They do love hammock, make sure they have something to climb on, oh and basking spot (which is their warm side with the uvb) should be within 6-8” of your beardie. Substrate shouldn’t be anything loose. If you’re a bit handy I suggest doin a stone tile bottom easy to clean and they do love rocks. For uvb use a tub one it’s much better for them the reptisun one is highly recommended. No colour bulbs just use normal heat lights.
Food: I suggest following this website, it’s very in-depth and covers pros and cons of most feeders and gives a very detailed list of veggies. http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/what-do-bearded-dragons-eat.php
Baths are healthy for them again it all depends of their age but adults should get weekly baths. Babies are much harder to take care of and do require a lot more attention. But over all they are amazing creatures and you can develop amazing bonds with them. I have an elderly beardie who I rescued and has been my partner in crime ever since. They truly are a lot like dogs and I do suggest you watch videos about them, look at any kind of care sheet, and see if you can put enough time for them. They are a weird combination of dog/child and can be ridiculously funny and worth every cent and second you put into them.
Helicopter Karen's! LOL
I know a few!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello and welcome to the forum! I know I'm a little late but if you have any questions feel free to ask!