• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello I just joined

Dino

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi hi! I’m Dino, Im 13 and I own a 4 year old beardie, she was my first pet! her name is coko andddd her original name was like some Japanese motorcycle company, she was given to me for free by my neighbor, she had 3 emotional support beardie and a emotional support dog, and she wanted emotional support cats, so she had to get rid of two beardies, I don’t know how she originally took care of her beardie, but I do know that she fed her beardie those bright orange cricket food Thingys.

I’m pretty sure coko is healthy, we change her lightbulb regularly, and she gets bathes often, and I do give her calcium!

I thing she may have clogged pores, they arent that bad, but I’m sure they cause some discomfort to her, and I actually don’t know if she’s a female or male, she hasn’t had any infertile eggs, but she is calm and sweet. I took her to the vet and they said she was a female because her pores are small, but that doesn’t make sense to me since if her pores were clogged she would be considered a male.

anywho have a nice day everyone

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi hi! I’m Dino, Im 13 and I own a 4 year old beardie, she was my first pet! her name is coko andddd her original name was like some Japanese motorcycle company, she was given to me for free by my neighbor, she had 3 emotional support beardie and a emotional support dog, and she wanted emotional support cats, so she had to get rid of two beardies, I don’t know how she originally took care of her beardie, but I do know that she fed her beardie those bright orange cricket food Thingys.

I’m pretty sure coko is healthy, we change her lightbulb regularly, and she gets bathes often, and I do give her calcium!

I thing she may have clogged pores, they arent that bad, but I’m sure they cause some discomfort to her, and I actually don’t know if she’s a female or male, she hasn’t had any infertile eggs, but she is calm and sweet. I took her to the vet and they said she was a female because her pores are small, but that doesn’t make sense to me since if her pores were clogged she would be considered a male.

Welcome to the forum----- if you can post a pic of Coko that would be good --- and please post a pic of her vent w/ tail in the air rear view pic - place her on a table and take the pic so we can get a good look - also post pic of the pores - it is not good for them to be clogged it can cause an infection - if they are clogged I can post some ways to get them unclogged -- your vet should of been able to tell male or female and not from the pores --- please make sure you are providing these two things for her -- they are EXTREMELY important --- one a long tube 24" UVB fixture like a Zoo Med w/ this bulb 22" Reptisun 10.0 this would be for a 40 + gallon tank - next a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 this must be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- if you want post pics of the tank and lighting so we can better see her and the tank husbandry --- these things I have posted are for her overall health and behavior ---

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member

Welcome, Dino!

Dino

Bearded Dragon Egg
CBB9C429-44C2-4463-8CE9-44FE444584FE.jpeg
7D5757D6-721A-4B60-A0F5-245383F80552.jpeg
0D2A58BC-6C2B-436A-9ACD-7A89BF4BA5EE.jpeg

Dino

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is coko, she wasn’t very happy that I just woke her up, she was also cold be she decided to sleep under her basking like and not her ceramic light
also I’ll give picture of her aqua soon, she has a 50 gallon tank, and I don’t know what lightbulb we have, we’ve had so many! for whatever reason they keep going out, like we‘ve had to change 2 lightbulbs this month,

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Make sure the dome is wattage correct if your using a dome that has a 100 watt capacity and your bulb is 150 they will blow out- please post a pic if your tank and lighting