• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Texas!

Mrkennedy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I acquired this bearded from a buddy of mine that was moving to a smaller place and wouldn't have room.

I just put in the tile today (was on paper towels) and added some decor.

I'm gonna replace the coil up bulb for a 10.0 t5 bulb this week.
20210322_161022.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) please do get ur new bulb asap, i can tell you from personal experience that coil bulbs Are bad, he does look like he needs nails trimmed aswell, i like your setup, if you wann help him acclimate better , get one of your shirts and rub it on your clean body and put it where he sleeps, beardies love soft things. If you have any questions please do ask

Mrkennedy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum :) please do get ur new bulb asap, i can tell you from personal experience that coil bulbs Are bad, he does look like he needs nails trimmed aswell, i like your setup, if you wann help him acclimate better , get one of your shirts and rub it on your clean body and put it where he sleeps, beardies love soft things. If you have any questions please do ask
That's great advice!
I'm going to trim her nails tomorrow as well.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That's great advice!
I'm going to trim her nails tomorrow as well.
If you dont know how much to cut just take the sharp tips off, have a little dish of flour/cornstarch just incase you cut too much and make her bleed, dip her toe in it to clot it, I personally use regular human clipers but ive seen people use cat clippers and say they work well.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I acquired this bearded from a buddy of mine that was moving to a smaller place and wouldn't have room.

I'm gonna replace the coil up bulb for a 10.0 t5 bulb this week.View attachment 26413
If you need any help with anything we are all here. But clearly you have done some reascherch or at least a little to figure out that coil bulb is no good

Mrkennedy

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you need any help with anything we are all here. But clearly you have done some reascherch or at least a little to figure out that coil bulb is no good
I researched for about a week before I got her. I've raised African Leopard Geckos/Cresteds before but never Beardies. I am still learning and look forward to giving her a great life.

Currently researching building a 4x2x2 habitat for her!

francine&momma

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you dont know how much to cut just take the sharp tips off, have a little dish of flour/cornstarch just incase you cut too much and make her bleed, dip her toe in it to clot it, I personally use regular human clipers but ive seen people use cat clippers and say they work well.
I personally wouldn't use human nail clippers because they actually can damage the nail because they cut from above and below versus cat nail clippers cut in a circle. I got reptile nail clippers from Petco for like $9 and they work great. My beardie loves to watch my computer so when I clip her nails I'll turn on a video and wrap her up in a towel and she has no clue I am even trimming her nails. If you look at their nails they have a white part and then it becomes dark. Cut right up to the white part, but try to avoid the white part because that can hurt them :) Hope that helps!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

I'm gonna replace the coil up bulb for a 10.0 t5 bulb this week.View attachment 26413
The tank looks great -- when you get the UVB please post back on here so I can help you get it placed properly -- T5's can be placed on top of screen but the screen MUST BE WIDE HOLED -- if its a fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank --