• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Me and Picasso

TazDeveloper

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

I am new to the forum and as an owner of a new terrarium inhabited by a baby bearded dragon named Picasso. Picasso belongs to my 8 year old daughter. She had asked for a bearded dragon for two years. I kept telling her she could have one when she turned 16. I explained that having a pet like that would be a huge responsibility, and we would have to wait until she was able to take care of all aspects of the little guys life.

The first year, she took on the responsibility of two cockatiels. Sure enough, I have not had to do a single thing for the birds. She cleans the cage, feeds, plays with them. She even lets me know before food is about to run out, so we can go to the pet store.

That brings us to this year. My wife made a deal that if a bunch of things were taken care of around the house, we could get a dragon next year. The list was long and extensive. About a years worth of items. My daughter finished them in about 3 months. So we have a new family member named Picasso. We got him last Saturday.

I'm an aquarium guy, and we have a 110 gallon aquarium with 6 turtles and two red ruby oscars. This is a little new to me. When I was younger, I had a green iguana. I would like to say I knew what I was doing around reptiles, but I think maybe not. We didn't have YouTube to watch videos back then.

It was fun setting up the terrarium. We went with a glass 36x18x18 enclosure and set it up to be bioactive. I joined the forum to have a place to ask questions and share my experiences.

Cheers,
Paul