• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heihei is apparently younger than we were told

Kathy_D

Hatchling Dragon
I finally measured Heihei last night. When we got her, the person at the shop (it's a herp specialty store, one of the owners is a herpetologist and the other is the business man) said he thought she was about 3 months old. I thought she was a bit small for 3 months and I have been concerned looking at photos of other dragons that are 3-4 months old because she still has the super skinny limbs and though she has grown, she is not nearly as big as some of these other dragons. So when I measured her she was 5.75 inches. If you add in the little bit of tail that she is missing, she would be 6 inches. Looking at all of the charts, that puts her at just 2 months, which would make sense if she was just 3 weeks old since we got her one month ago. We also weighed her and she is 19.75 grams.

She eats well, poops well, sleeps well, she seems to like being held and she seems to like baths. She has shed her tail and some on her head. I think she is doing well.
Heihei measure.JPG

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe she's just a baby how is she doing now?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So precious. When I got mine they were around 5 inches so I guessed there were about 4 weeks old. I got mine from Petco and Petsmart so it was all a guessing game LOL!

Kathy_D

Hatchling Dragon
She is doing really well! We love watching her and playing with her. She has had her first shed with us. She loves dubia roaches and seemed to like Phoenix Worms the first time we gave them to her but she hasn't touched them since. She is picky about the size of the dubia. Even though she could go a little bigger, she will ignore anything that is bigger than 1/4" long. It's a good thing we have a friend with a huge colony and lots of baby roaches!
sneak peek.jpg Heihei on blue.jpg Heihei on a log 2.jpg Heihei on blue star hammock.jpg