• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating Worry

Rose_C

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have read you shouldn't put lights inside the tank. However, if I do not place the lights in the tank and cover with slate top I can't get my tank temperature above 90 degrees Fahrenheit due to the draft in my apartment (and the draft is not going to get fixed. I've spent money on several different lamps (I now own 6 different types) in attempt to use the lamps above the tank on my screen covering. I am a college student so I'd like to not spend hundreds of dollars on lamps considering I've already spent so much. I want what is best for my little guy, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
It is fine to put lights inside the tank, as long as they are a proper height from the beardie. As a matter of fact, many lesser-strength UVB lights MUST be inside the tank, as a mesh top filters out the UVB rendering them useless otherwise (I don't recommend the lesser-strength UVB lights). All of my lights are mounted inside the tank.