• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

heating at night.

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
temperatures are starting to drop a little bit below 65 degrees in my tank at night
and i was wondering what the most effective and safe way to heat at night is?
should i like , get a heating pad or some sort of light..?

thanks!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd stay away from a heating pad. A heat emitter has worked great for me. Here's what I'm talking about:

Heat Emitter

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
heyyyy and that's not too expensive either.
thanks a lot, is that the one that you have exactly?
i might just buy one now instead of waiting until it's really freaking cold at night.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The ceramic heat emitters are great they produce ambient heat so you dont have to worry about them overheating one spot. Now you will have to either switch out this and your lights every morning or have its fixture running on a timer that puts it turning on at a time after your lights switch off and has it turning off before your lights switch on.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Timers are a lifesaver! Gives you back freedom.

See if you have an extra outlet for it. In our viv's hood, we have a spot for the florescent tube, basking light and heat emitter. We put the heat emitter on the cool side and have run it at night and/or day in the winter. We never used it in the summer.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have all my CHE connected to a thermostat for the perfect ambient temps at night but I'm a bit pedanthic when it comes to my temps lol.