• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heat bulb high pitch noise

Tony3619

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello.

I recently noticed a high pitch noise coming from the bulb in my bearded dragons vivarium.

i have tried various bulbs and they all seem to follow the same pattern ..no noise when fully powered but a high pitch noise that gets worse the dimmer the bulb goes. It's probably worth mentioning that it's not audible outside the tank.

My only concern is the noise could be stressing out my bearded dragon (even though he shows no signs of stress)

i have a micro climate B1 dimmer with a 100w "reptile systems" bulb and a ceramic holder.

cheers

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello.

I recently noticed a high pitch noise coming from the bulb in my bearded dragons vivarium.

i have tried various bulbs and they all seem to follow the same pattern ..no noise when fully powered but a high pitch noise that gets worse the dimmer the bulb goes. It's probably worth mentioning that it's not audible outside the tank.

My only concern is the noise could be stressing out my bearded dragon (even though he shows no signs of stress)

i have a micro climate B1 dimmer with a 100w "reptile systems" bulb and a ceramic holder.

cheers
I dont know anything about timers or brands -- I would think the noise might get annoyable for the dragon after a while -- you might want to get a different one or try and find out what the cause is