• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Head Scales

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
Hello! I have a few questions about my Beardie. He seems to have a few weird scales on his head. Like the white
spots and the yellow outlines of scales towards the front. Are these okay ? He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain or anything, but I was just wondering if there is something up with it?

Attachments

• 98A40874-A422-4607-A20E-4E5AC1E34A50.jpeg
    98A40874-A422-4607-A20E-4E5AC1E34A50.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I have a few questions about my Beardie. He seems to have a few weird scales on his head. Like the white
spots and the yellow outlines of scales towards the front. Are these okay ? He doesn’t seem like he’s in pain or anything, but I was just wondering if there is something up with it?
No it looks normal --- shed will bring on different colors

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I am not certain that he’s about to shed. Is that what you think is happening?
Yeah. Even if not, some scales don't have as much pigment as other scales, and there tends to be lighter and darker spots on your average dragon. Mine is orange to tan to brown in some spots. It is perfectly normal.

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah. Even if not, some scales don't have as much pigment as other scales, and there tends to be lighter and darker spots on your average dragon. Mine is orange to tan to brown in some spots. It is perfectly normal.
Thank you! I was sure it was fine, but I always like to double check. I will keep my eye out for a shed coming on. Good luck and health to you and your beardie.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thank you! I was sure it was fine, but I always like to double check. I will keep my eye out for a shed coming on. Good luck and health to you and your beardie.
Better safe than sorry! I'm a paranoid beardie owner aswell lol.