• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He has worms please help

mylizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beared dragon has worms but can’t have medicine because one millilitre thing is for a lizard weighing 250g he weighs 50g what do we do?

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There are meds for small beardies, what meds do you currently have? Is it a BD medicine or general dewormer?

How do you know he has worms? Did you take him to a vet for a fecal float? or are there other symptoms? If so name the symptioms here

Also what type of worms does he have?

mylizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
I looked in the poo and it was horrible and jelly like and there were three small (about half a cm long) white worms wiggling around in it. I don’t know what type and we got beaphar wormer Levamisole at 25mg/g.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would still take him & a poop sample to a vet so they can determine if its just worms or if the coccidia counts are raised as well.
When giving meds you need to be 100% sure of the dose and probiotics must be given also te replace the good bacteria in the stomachs

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I AM NOT A VET!!!!!!!! panacur mixed at a concentration of 100mg/ml is dosed at .02 ml per 100 grams of body weight. once a week for three weeks. if you know how to read a syringe this isnt a hard dose to give. i would rather you let a vet show you though. good luck (this is not the same mixture given to dogs) as P said, please let the vet do a fecal to determine exactly what he has. treating for parasites can be taxing on a young beardie if not necessary.

mylizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
It was in one poo and now he is back to the way he was. But if it comes back or he looks sick looking he is going to go straight to the vet with a poo. Thanks for the advice.