• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He arrived this morning

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am not sure- but I will find out
This is what I found out from someone who uses them

A dimmer won’t change the color, but will reduce the lumens/brightness. I usually try to provide as much brightness as I can, so I consider it best practice to adjust height and wattage first in order to get temps close. Then use the dimmer to fine tune as needed. This keeps the brightness up most of the time. A less bright basking spot isn’t necessarily harmful (depending how how dim it is) but I like to make it as close to natural sunlight as I can

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Does that bulb offer a uva spectrum? That might be why it’s emitting a color
I have no idea and I have thrown the box away, did look on the internet but could find out.

This is what I found out from someone who uses them

A dimmer won’t change the color, but will reduce the lumens/brightness. I usually try to provide as much brightness as I can, so I consider it best practice to adjust height and wattage first in order to get temps close. Then use the dimmer to fine tune as needed. This keeps the brightness up most of the time. A less bright basking spot isn’t necessarily harmful (depending how how dim it is) but I like to make it as close to natural sunlight as I can
ok I can’t adjust height really, it was a nightmare to cut before, it’s a really hard wood and I don’t think the wood would sit right , I would also loose the ‘cave/hide’ it provides underneath. I would rather it be the best for him though so could I lower the wattage of the bulb?? If so should I try a 75w? It’s not really dim as you can see from pics, What would you do? Would you leave to see how he goes or order a lower watt?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have no idea and I have thrown the box away, did look on the internet but could find out.

ok I can’t adjust height really, it was a nightmare to cut before, it’s a really hard wood and I don’t think the wood would sit right , I would also loose the ‘cave/hide’ it provides underneath. I would rather it be the best for him though so could I lower the wattage of the bulb?? If so should I try a 75w? It’s not really dim as you can see from pics, What would you do? Would you leave to see how he goes or order a lower watt?
What wattage are you using for bulb?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
BC78B788-F158-404A-B043-A99FA87E9C8B.png

The color is because ur camera picks up the uva spectrum.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
View attachment 27833
The color is because ur camera picks up the uva spectrum.
It does look orangey to me when looking at it, admittedly my eyesight is not great but definitely not bright white, i completely forgot to check the colour when plugged in directly to the socket before I turned lights off for bed but I will do that in the morning.

he panicked somewhat when I turned the lights off, was jumping at the glass, I left the sheet over and thought I’d let him settle, I might check where he is in a bit.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
21F20496-66A3-4C8D-AF0B-EF32271314B3.jpeg
just one more to share, this was earlier today, the stress stripes on his tummy where nearly gone within an hour.

he’s soooo cute!! before bed my 4year old son named him spike, i bet you’ve heard that one before :D!!!
I came up with so many cool names and he wasn’t having any of it! There you go.... baby spike! There’s no heart emoji but I’m definitely feeling a few ;)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 27834
just one more to share, this was earlier today, the stress stripes on his tummy where nearly gone within an hour.

he’s soooo cute!! before bed my 4year old son named him spike, i bet you’ve heard that one before :D!!!
I came up with so many cool names and he wasn’t having any of it! There you go.... baby spike! There’s no heart emoji but I’m definitely feeling a few ;)
You can try the 75 watt but make sure your getting temps of 105-110

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
You can try the 75 watt but make sure your getting temps of 105-110
I’ll order 75w and see, the dimmer is set to a low temperature not resembling what it’s actually putting out at all by a long shot, I’m not sure of exact setting atm but I’m sure a 75w wouldn’t be set to the highest either. I will order one now and post a pic of colour and temps once it’s in. Then I can keep the 100w (hopefully) as a backup. Thank you :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I’ll order 75w and see, the dimmer is set to a low temperature not resembling what it’s actually putting out at all by a long shot, I’m not sure of exact setting atm but I’m sure a 75w wouldn’t be set to the highest either. I will order one now and post a pic of colour and temps once it’s in. Then I can keep the 100w (hopefully) as a backup. Thank you :)
I dont think the color is much of an issue , as its intended to be simulating day time, idk , im in no way an expert on lighting, it very well could be a dud bulb i agree, this is my bulb, its got kinda a tint to it.

Attachments

• D4268F7B-B179-449A-8BEB-3B53E58D974D.jpeg
    D4268F7B-B179-449A-8BEB-3B53E58D974D.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I dont think the color is much of an issue , as its intended to be simulating day time, idk , im in no way an expert on lighting, it very well could be a dud bulb i agree, this is my bulb, its got kinda a tint to it.
I have used those as well-- I am not sure she just needs to see if the next bulb she puts in does the same thing - it looks off color in pic but if it's white when she looks at it I am thinking it's the camera / pic itself-

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
It is dimmed, i assumed it was just for heat so wouldn t matter! If he would prefer the brighter bulb then the extra £10 is worth it. if I lower the temp on the dimmer the slightest the bulb is almost off so I really do think a lower watt would give a full brightness.

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
So I couldn’t find him last night before bed, I didn’t open doors or anything. This morning I still couldn’t see him anywhere, I picked up the large rock at the back and he had managed to get underneath and slept there, obviously if that’s where he felt safe then that’s fine by me but it’s a very small gap, not sure it’s safe, what could I put under it?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So I couldn’t find him last night before bed, I didn’t open doors or anything. This morning I still couldn’t see him anywhere, I picked up the large rock at the back and he had managed to get underneath and slept there, obviously if that’s where he felt safe then that’s fine by me but it’s a very small gap, not sure it’s safe, what could I put under it?
Im thinking, maybe try putting the hide on the left side for now, u gotta build the enclosure with how he acts,

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ive noticed that beardies that have hides across the enclosure (away from heat) usually take longer to wake up in the morning. In my girls old enclosure she bearly slept in the hide, usually went to sleep under the light, you wanns encourage natural behaviors.

Attachments

• 82040B1B-3541-4C13-B881-03C1B7D02BC0.png
    82040B1B-3541-4C13-B881-03C1B7D02BC0.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 0DCD3620-E133-4E1A-A47D-7B4CEF2AE9A4.jpeg
    0DCD3620-E133-4E1A-A47D-7B4CEF2AE9A4.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 8