• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hatchling not eating help!

Crystal Gilliand

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a clutch that is hatching now. One baby hatched 7 days before the rest started hatching. Its day 8 and I now have 3. First hatched at 76 days. He has been by himself until now. He is active and seems to enjoy his water mist and does lick the water up. I have pinhead crickets and finely chopped greens. He is 8 days old today and I can not get him to eat. I put him in a separate bin for feeding and add about 6 pinheads. At first he was scared of them, now he just doesn't seem to care that they are there. He has uv lighting and a basking area around 100 degrees. Cool side around 85. He is on paper for substrate. I tried Turkey baby food today putting a small amount on his mouth. He wont even lick it. What do I do? He doesn't seem lethargic. But isn't 8 days a long time?

Crystal Gilliand

Bearded Dragon Egg
*update* I got him to eat 4 crickets just now! Yay! I did have to hand feed him. I broke the sharp end off of a toothpick. Put baby food on the end, killed a cricket, and stuck it to the baby food. He ate it immediately followed by 3 more. I'm so happy! I think being the only baby for a week made him this way. I think they eat better when there's competition. I think this little guy is going to be just fine.