• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Had better days

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had better days. On Friday night, I took a fall in the shower. I wasn't doing anything except planning on baking cookies for the Library.

I had one foot in the shower stall, and one foot outside the shower stall. I slipped, and landed on my back, and a tension rod shelf full of soaps and shampoos fell on me. I didn't know I was fully truly hurt until I saw my big toe. The shelf fell on my toe, making my nail and nail bed injured. I cannot walk well. I cannot stand for any length of time. I haven't been able to wash any dish no less take a nice long shower. I have to use a cart to shop and I already feel awful because walking is agonizing. (No broken bones) Trying not to walk too much and trying to keep my foot elevated is grand.

I'm not so lucky though because I already had judgmental looks, glares, sneers, and so forth just because I have to use a cart to shop, get around in the store. I have cut out two diabetic socks, one slipper sock, and a tredsafe shoe to use. Pretty good about securing my injured toe.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no sorry to hear that and hope you heal up quickly sounds painful

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hang in there, girl -- you will get better. the jerks unfortunately will always be jerks - nuthin you can do for that

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no sorry to hear that and hope you heal up quickly sounds painful
Getting better. But I'll lose the nail. I'm not going to see a Dr because I already treated my toe with Betadine and now Epsom Salt.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hang in there, girl -- you will get better. the jerks unfortunately will always be jerks - nuthin you can do for that

There are too many of them around. It was other customers who were in a hurry to get home. I already found two stores I can walk in without any pain. Floor tiles add extra padding. I walked around Kroger, but that's when the pain came back and made me regret trying to walk. Next time, I'll use the scooters they have. I've been using them when I'm out shopping like everyone else.

Terra66

Hatchling Dragon
I really hope your toe heals quickly! Never mind the jerks, I see so many in the course of every single day! They're usually just sad people who think by bringing someone else down, it will elevate themselves.
Don't push yourself just to avoid jerks. You will prolong the healing process, and that's worse than any garbage a jerk can dish out!