• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Future Enclosure questions

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
I know this is going to be many months down the line, but I have been thinking about spyro's next enclosure. Spyro is about 5 months old now and is in a 20l tank. I kno win about 6 or so month spyro will have to be moved into a larger tank. I am currently working on drawing up the plans for a new enclosure when that time comes up. The dimensions I am currently thinking about working with are 65"x17"x12" (72 gallons) Wood bottom and sides, screen top and plexi sliding front. Please if anyone has any ideas or suggestion I am completely open.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Most folks build 4' x 2' x 2' when building the type of enclosure you are talking about. This size is both economical to build as well as more than adequate for an adult bearded dragon. When you start going bigger than than that you will have more difficulty with heating.
If you would like I have a .PDF copy of a great complete set of plans which includes a "shopping list" for materials to build one.
Just PM me with your email address and I will be happy to send them to you for free;-)
Enjoy

2pops

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know this is going to be many months down the line, but I have been thinking about spyro's next enclosure. Spyro is about 5 months old now and is in a 20l tank. I kno win about 6 or so month spyro will have to be moved into a larger tank. I am currently working on drawing up the plans for a new enclosure when that time comes up. The dimensions I am currently thinking about working with are 65"x17"x12" (72 gallons) Wood bottom and sides, screen top and plexi sliding front. Please if anyone has any ideas or suggestion I am completely open.

Look through the posts here also. We used the plans set out by a member here (joshjake90) and it turned out pretty cool. Here's a pic
Lilith\'s pad.jpg