• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Funny but not moment with Dexter

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So Dexter is a baby still, but has grown accustomed to me and his routine over the last seven days. Each morning when I turn on his lights I give him about 15 minutes to become active before I try to feed and dropper him some water. The last few days he has a spot beside his log and at the front doors of his tank where he'll wait for me. This morning (confess hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet) I put his tiny cricket into the bowl I used to transport from their container to his tank and held it inside and to the side of him so I could dump it out near him. He likes to catch his first cricket of the morning. Anyways, apparently I had butter fingers and the whole container just dropped and hit the bottom of his cage. Dexter didn't run, but his whole body poofed out and his mouth opened in a hiss (well he tried . . . no sound came out). He's not old enough to have a mighty display of fierceness, but he gave it his best shot. I was immediately contrite and calmed him down by talking to him and eventually petting his head gently. But the look he was giving me . . . Must confess I felt really bad, but little giggles were escaping me. He looked so adorable trying to be fierce. He wasn't amused. He did get that cricket after he calmed down so I didn't have to chase it around his cage to remove. Couldn't resist sharing.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So Dexter is a baby still, but has grown accustomed to me and his routine over the last seven days. Each morning when I turn on his lights I give him about 15 minutes to become active before I try to feed and dropper him some water. The last few days he has a spot beside his log and at the front doors of his tank where he'll wait for me. This morning (confess hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet) I put his tiny cricket into the bowl I used to transport from their container to his tank and held it inside and to the side of him so I could dump it out near him. He likes to catch his first cricket of the morning. Anyways, apparently I had butter fingers and the whole container just dropped and hit the bottom of his cage. Dexter didn't run, but his whole body poofed out and his mouth opened in a hiss (well he tried . . . no sound came out). He's not old enough to have a mighty display of fierceness, but he gave it his best shot. I was immediately contrite and calmed him down by talking to him and eventually petting his head gently. But the look he was giving me . . . Must confess I felt really bad, but little giggles were escaping me. He looked so adorable trying to be fierce. He wasn't amused. He did get that cricket after he calmed down so I didn't have to chase it around his cage to remove. Couldn't resist sharing.
That sounds like a funny story. Make sure he didn’t get hurt though. No glass shards on him. I kinda wanna see mine all mad but I also dont

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That sounds like a funny story. Make sure he didn’t get hurt though. No glass shards on him. I kinda wanna see mine all mad but I also dont
It's a small plastic bowl so no worries about glass shards. It didn't land too close to him, but was startling enough that he felt he needed to be fierce. It was adorable as he's so tiny and his display was not very effective, hence the giggles. lol He didn't like it, so I'm being extra careful to not do it again. :)