• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Frank update!

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I said I would post knead a months and the time has come. Please take note is a little bit behind on the growing because the crickets were to big and even though I fed him more because they were smaller he is still a little bit smaller. Only like half and inch to an inch. with all that said here he is

I will have had him for 5 months in April 18. He is ten inches long and weights 80 grams.

Edit: I meant to small crickets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I said I would post knead a months and the time has come. Please take note is a little bit behind on the growing because the crickets were to big and even though I fed him more because they were smaller he is still a little bit smaller. Only like half and inch to an inch. with all that said here he is

I will have had him for 5 months in April 18. He is ten inches long and weights 80 grams.

Edit: I meant to small crickets.
He looks good -- dragons grow at different rates so just keep giving him a good variety of veggies and insects and worms and he will be healthy -- I would look at getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for him- its gonna be easier to clean that the sand mat your using --

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He looks good -- dragons grow at different rates so just keep giving him a good variety of veggies and insects and worms and he will be healthy -- I would look at getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for him- its gonna be easier to clean that the sand mat your using

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He looks good -- dragons grow at different rates so just keep giving him a good variety of veggies and insects and worms and he will be healthy -- I would look at getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for him- its gonna be easier to clean that the sand mat your using --
Thanks it’s very reassign to know that they grow at differnet. Rates, I kind of new that but did not really think about it. Second of multiple people he havs suggested getting substrate like that. i not getting reptile carpet. I have tried looking for the non adhesive shelf liner but can’t find any good ones. And besides I just have enough money to feed frank and keep up with lighing I don’t need more stuff to buy lol

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He’s looking good :) its nice seeing him grow, if i can maybe give advice on the basking spot, if you could possibly rearrange it so it’s flatter near the top, so he can flatten out ,it just seems like his head is just baking in the position you have the slate.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can try but note that one that’s just the lighting if you look at in from not a Carmela you will se that the whole rock it bright. And also I just out frank there for the pic he is usually ehtiehr below that pinto or above It. Buts thanks a lot for the advice.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks it’s very reassign to know that they grow at differnet. Rates, I kind of new that but did not really think about it. Second of multiple people he havs suggested getting substrate like that. i not getting reptile carpet. I have tried looking for the non adhesive shelf liner but can’t find any good ones. And besides I just have enough money to feed frank and keep up with lighing I don’t need more stuff to buy lol
Ok well try some different home improvement stores when you can or look on line -- there have been several people that have found some on Amazon- it will be cheaper in the long run than the sand mats your using --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also really quick question how often should you cut your nails and should you do it yourself or have a vet do it.
If you get a piece of slated ceramic tile and put it in the tank for them to walk on it will keep the tails down - my whole tanks have slated ceramic tile as substrate so they do still get sharp but not as near as sharp as they could be -- I myself would not do it -- I dont trust myself to do it ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
When trimming nails all your doing is taking off the pointy part (hypodermic needle part of the nail,) ive only cut my beardies nails once, tile really help to wear them down, before you cut his nails have on hand cornstarch or flour, if he bleeds did his toes in the powder to clot the blood.....franks dad you really need to get that sand matt off the floor and use it as a background instead, i guarantee that it’s harboring germs right now, i love sand matts dont get me wrong, but they make terrible flooring :( especially for babies.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When trimming nails all your doing is taking off the pointy part (hypodermic needle part of the nail,) ive only cut my beardies nails once, tile really help to wear them down, before you cut his nails have on hand cornstarch or flour, if he bleeds did his toes in the powder to clot the blood.....franks dad you really need to get that sand matt off the floor and use it as a background instead, i guarantee that it’s harboring germs right now, i love sand matts dont get me wrong, but they make terrible flooring :( especially for babies.
I can try to look for other things. I wash it once a month with soap. And somtimes even sooner

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Target has soft black shelf liner for $10. Cut in half & theres enough for two 40 gal breeder tankeaning you have a spare for when you clean one. I use paper towels under where he poo’s & change those Making clean up a breeze.

The sand mat you’re using has reviews of beardies becoming impacted due to the pebbles not being tightly attached so please keep an eye out for loose pebbles.

I absolutely love the pic on the stick, he is just chillaxing! If I were you, I would enlarge that one & frame it.. so freaking cute!!