• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Found on the side of the road

margoBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
So there were were recently fires around our house I found My bearded dragon about a year ago. I am having trouble with him gaining weight. I started off feeding him crickets gave him a couple pinkies here and there I know pinkies are high in fat and they’re not supposed to eat them mainly. For about a month I fed him to pinkies every week and I also bought the rep Cal adult bearded dragon food just as a snack in between days along with blueberries which he loves, bok choy and some other kinds of vegetables and fruits. Despite regular feeding he is still pretty thin. Is it just that some bearded dragons are smaller? I have a friend whose bearded dragon is fat I don’t see that happening with my bearded dragon but I’m worried that he’s not gaining any weight. He runs around his cage and he’s very active always climbing about I just wanna make sure that I’m not missing some thing with his diet. I am a new dragon owner so I do know that I’ve seen in certain supplements on here in different threads that I know nothing about. Any ideas

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
So there were were recently fires around our house I found My bearded dragon about a year ago. I am having trouble with him gaining weight. I started off feeding him crickets gave him a couple pinkies here and there I know pinkies are high in fat and they’re not supposed to eat them mainly. For about a month I fed him to pinkies every week and I also bought the rep Cal adult bearded dragon food just as a snack in between days along with blueberries which he loves, bok choy and some other kinds of vegetables and fruits. Despite regular feeding he is still pretty thin. Is it just that some bearded dragons are smaller? I have a friend whose bearded dragon is fat I don’t see that happening with my bearded dragon but I’m worried that he’s not gaining any weight. He runs around his cage and he’s very active always climbing about I just wanna make sure that I’m not missing some thing with his diet. I am a new dragon owner so I do know that I’ve seen in certain supplements on here in different threads that I know nothing about. Any ideas
What is your lighting? Can you post pictures of the enclosure and beardie? Has she gone to the vet yet?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
please post a pic of him and his tank and lighting --- he needs a staple insect feeder like dubia roaches crickets BSFL or silk worms -- he needs fresh salads every day along w/ a staple insect every 2-3 days -- when I find out what UVB your using we can decide on the calcium your giving -- your UVB is extremely important for the absorbing of the calcium