• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Flash

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is my grandson Logan's beardie that he's had for 2.5 months. I bought him the same time I got my first two and he was bigger than mine. He hasn't been growing so I stepped in as his caregiver at least until he gets bigger and stronger. I got him to eat 7 crickets today, hopefully tomorrow I can coax him to eat some greens even though my daughter has never seen him eat them before.
IMG_4283.JPG

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This is my grandson Logan's beardie that he's had for 2.5 months. I bought him the same time I got my first two and he was bigger than mine. He hasn't been growing so I stepped in as his caregiver at least until he gets bigger and stronger. I got him to eat 7 crickets today, hopefully tomorrow I can coax him to eat some greens even though my daughter has never seen him eat them before. View attachment 15351

That's great that you stepped in. Please keep us posted on how he's doing and if he's eating for you.

How exciting you got him to eat 7 crickets in one day!! That's amazing, way to go!!

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He definitely has a long way to go. He's eating in a plastic tote so there's nothing going to bother him in his enclosure while he tries to sleep. There was always crickets crawling on him before and daughter couldn't get the temps on his enclosure up to a proper level. My others eat 30-40 crickets each day plus superworms and salad so seven today isn't impressive but I'm more optimistic now than when I picked him up.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He definitely has a long way to go. He's eating in a plastic tote so there's nothing going to bother him in his enclosure while he tries to sleep. There was always crickets crawling on him before and daughter couldn't get the temps on his enclosure up to a proper level. My others eat 30-40 crickets each day plus superworms and salad so seven today isn't impressive but I'm more optimistic now than when I picked him up.

Yea I know. My Wally eats 40-60 a day plus salad and a few supers so I know 7 isn't much but it's a start! And if he hasn't eaten much in 2.5 months you will need you start off small and work your way up to the normal numbers.

I'm just happy you got him to eat. I'm sure you will be able to get him up to par!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very glad that you've stepped in to help as it sure sounds like help is needed...looking forward to hearing and seeing how he does..

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I mixed up a cocktail of probiotic, bee pollen, raspberry electrolytes and water and he's been taking 1-1.5 ml in the morning for the last few days. He had a decent appetite this morning eating a dozen 1/4" crickets and even took a piece of collard greens from my hand. This afternoon the medium dubias arrived. I had four dragons doing dances on the glass as I unpacked them into a cricket carrier, even Flash who had never seen one before in his life. As soon as one hit the ground in his cage he was on it. I sat on the floor dropping them in one at a time and he ate 16 before my wife told me to stop because too many could make him sick. Everyone else got 8-10 after eating crickets as a treat. Got everyone to eat dubias out of the tub and Archer and Sheila had refused to eat with this method before. Things went down hill after that. I had put them in a larger plastic tote while removing them from the cloth bag and after feeding the dragons I put the rest in a smaller carrier. I took the now empty tote into my bedroom where my wife and two granddaughters were all sitting on the bed. I acted like I tripped and fumbled the tote dropping it on the bed and had the granddaughters screaming and wife scrambling to get off the bed. I thought it was funny but the wife didn't. It was a great day, still able to get a rise out of her even after 37 years together.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I mixed up a cocktail of probiotic, bee pollen, raspberry electrolytes and water and he's been taking 1-1.5 ml in the morning for the last few days. He had a decent appetite this morning eating a dozen 1/4" crickets and even took a piece of collard greens from my hand. This afternoon the medium dubias arrived. I had four dragons doing dances on the glass as I unpacked them into a cricket carrier, even Flash who had never seen one before in his life. As soon as one hit the ground in his cage he was on it. I sat on the floor dropping them in one at a time and he ate 16 before my wife told me to stop because too many could make him sick. Everyone else got 8-10 after eating crickets as a treat. Got everyone to eat dubias out of the tub and Archer and Sheila had refused to eat with this method before. Things went down hill after that. I had put them in a larger plastic tote while removing them from the cloth bag and after feeding the dragons I put the rest in a smaller carrier. I took the now empty tote into my bedroom where my wife and two granddaughters were all sitting on the bed. I acted like I tripped and fumbled the tote dropping it on the bed and had the granddaughters screaming and wife scrambling to get off the bed. I thought it was funny but the wife didn't. It was a great day, still able to get a rise out of her even after 37 years together.

That's great to hear!! Way to go Flash!!! I'm so happy to hear he's eating!!

I probably would have screamed too if you had tricked me with the dubia's like that!

Thing is I'm smarter than that cuz I know how expensive they are and that you wouldn't waste them! Ha, called your bluff!!! Lol lol lol

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sophia, my 8 year old granddaughter worked up the nerve to pick up a dubia a few weeks ago and was so proud of herself she carried it in to the living room to show her mom. Charlotte screamed causing Sophia to throw it at them causing a panic with everyone scrambling off the couch. Wish I could have gotten that on camera, I never laughed so hard in my life. Sophia is a female Dennis the Menace, always in some trouble, middle child syndrome. We never found that Dubia so it wouldn't have been the first time one got loose in the house. Already plan on buying more right after the holiday weekend. If he will eat them I'll buy them every week and everyone will be happy including the new baby.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sophia, my 8 year old granddaughter worked up the nerve to pick up a dubia a few weeks ago and was so proud of herself she carried it in to the living room to show her mom. Charlotte screamed causing Sophia to throw it at them causing a panic with everyone scrambling off the couch. Wish I could have gotten that on camera, I never laughed so hard in my life. Sophia is a female Dennis the Menace, always in some trouble, middle child syndrome. We never found that Dubia so it wouldn't have been the first time one got loose in the house. Already plan on buying more right after the holiday weekend. If he will eat them I'll buy them every week and everyone will be happy including the new baby.

It took me months to even pick one up with the tongs! I just recently started feeding Wally this last week only because Lacey is here and Tony feeds her while I feed Wally. But he still has to pick them out of the colony. I can't. I just can't. Lol

Way to go Sophia!!! A girl after my own heart!

Oh I find dead ones all over my place! Lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You're a good grandpa for stepping in and taking care of the dragon!

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I took him to the vet a few days ago since he still wasn't eating well. Everything came back normal and the only thing I got out of it was a $96 bill and a suggestion to try reptile boost. They didn't have any in the store so I'm trying Zilla's Jump Start. Really tough to get some down him alternating syringes of the boost with water for the last few days. Actually got him to eat a couple superworms today with some crickets. Weighed him today and he actually gained .10 oz. Not much compared to the others but hopefully a start.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took him to the vet a few days ago since he still wasn't eating well. Everything came back normal and the only thing I got out of it was a $96 bill and a suggestion to try reptile boost. They didn't have any in the store so I'm trying Zilla's Jump Start. Really tough to get some down him alternating syringes of the boost with water for the last few days. Actually got him to eat a couple superworms today with some crickets. Weighed him today and he actually gained .10 oz. Not much compared to the others but hopefully a start.
Not finding anything at the vet is a good thing :) sounds like your making some progress as gaining is gaining.. Keep up the good work and with patience flash will make a turnaround

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

Hahaha that is great! Dubias are great for scare tactics. Glad to hear flash is coming around and eating well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not eating well yet but moved him into Sheila's old 20 gallon enclosure. This one is a combination of slate and excavator clay. I've used it with Archer and then Sheila and had excellent results. Of course now that Sheila is in a much bigger enclosure she seems to be pouting and sits at the glass watching me with sad eyes. I wish I knew what they are thinking.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Still hit and miss with Flash, he did eat some crickets today. Sheila finished shedding today and was feeling frisky. Opened the door to her enclosure to feed her and she made a dash for freedom, caught her in mid air with my free hand. She's a naughty little Sheila. Always need to have an eye on her.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Finally starting to eat a couple times a day, giving him daily baths with additives to water to help boost his appetite. He put on .2 oz this last week and finally weighs over an ounce, 32 grams. Head is turning gray so he might be getting ready to shed for the first time in several months.