• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally got my Beardie!

FalconMan

Hatchling Dragon
I picked it up yesterday from a local pet store, its still getting used to its new home but is eating good, Dubia Roaches yesterday and Calci worms today. I'll have to make some changes to the pen. I got some 3D wall decorations on the way so that it don't have to see itself in the glass reflection. I got some yellow shipping folders taped to the inside of the glass right now to make it a little easier on him as a temporary fix tho.. Everything is going well so far

Attachments

• Resized_20210318_122117.jpeg
    Resized_20210318_122117.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 33

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I picked it up yesterday from a local pet store, its still getting used to its new home but is eating good, Dubia Roaches yesterday and Calci worms today. I'll have to make some changes to the pen. I got some 3D wall decorations on the way so that it don't have to see itself in the glass reflection. I got some yellow shipping folders taped to the inside of the glass right now to make it a little easier on him as a temporary fix tho.. Everything is going well so far
Please No coil UVB's No heat mats NO colored bulbs and No heat rocks--- coil UVB's are NO good ---

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
He is adorable!! Congratulations

FalconMan

Hatchling Dragon
I took your a
Please No coil UVB's No heat mats NO colored bulbs and No heat rocks--- coil UVB's are NO good ---
I took your advice some weeks back and got the T5 ho setup for the UVB and his Basking spot is about 102F and I'm using a standard non colored heat bulb.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took your a

I took your advice some weeks back and got the T5 ho setup for the UVB and his Basking spot is about 102F and I'm using a standard non colored heat bulb.
Good deal where is the T 5 ? Did you get it properly placed and how is the dragon doing?

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
OMGosh! So adorable!

FalconMan

Hatchling Dragon
Good deal where is the T 5 ? Did you get it properly placed and how is the dragon doing?
I have the T5 directly over his basking spot, its about 6" above it at the tree's highest reachable spot. The heat lamp is a bit awkward though , I have it sitting on the front screen as close to its basking spot as I can get it. Its one of thoes standard hooded heat lamps. The Dragon is doing very well. Its very active, although it still dosen't know what to make of me. But it is only day 2, I was gona wait about a week before trying to handle em. It absolutely hates calcium powder though and won't eat dusted dubies but he loves the calci worms and I know I'm not supposed to dust thoes.

FalconMan

Hatchling Dragon
I ended up getting it at a Petco tho...the weather here is too unpredictable right now to try and ship one in. But the Petco I found seemed to know what they were doing they had alot of healthy looking active reptiles, I picked out the healthiest looking Dragon out of the 5 they had

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the T5 directly over his basking spot, its about 6" above it at the tree's highest reachable spot. The heat lamp is a bit awkward though , I have it sitting on the front screen as close to its basking spot as I can get it. Its one of thoes standard hooded heat lamps. The Dragon is doing very well. Its very active, although it still dosen't know what to make of me. But it is only day 2, I was gona wait about a week before trying to handle em. It absolutely hates calcium powder though and won't eat dusted dubies but he loves the calci worms and I know I'm not supposed to dust thoes.
Is it inside the tank? If so it's too close- distance needs to be 12-15 inches if you haft to move the basking bulb and have two different areas he will go to the light he needs-- let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings- hand feed him the bsfl and add them to his salads in front of him it will lure him to the bowl

FalconMan

Hatchling Dragon
Its actually on top of the top screen. I made some extra supports and cut out the wire mesh where the light sits I have a pair of prefab tree branches in there. There identical to one another and I butted them up aganst each other in the form of a standing up daimond one half under the UVB and the other under the heat lamp, he's currently napping under the heat lamp right now after having some bsfl. I'll give him some more later today with some vegies.. I have mustard greens and carrots for him...also should there be a limit to how often I give em BSFL?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Very cute lil bean you got there, he looks nice and plump, if you can get a clean dishrag and rub it on your body and put it in his hide, this’ll help him acclimate to your handling in the future :) if you have any questions please ask theres no such thing as a silly question.